Window malfunction - odd

rmccl54

:
Mazda 5 Protoge
The transmission fluid on my wife's '02 p5 was changed today, and later in the day, she noticed that only the drivers window worked. Odd coincidence but unlikely there is any connection. I have read of more recent models after disconnecting the battery, requires that the windows be reset, link here if interested, but don't bother otherwise. The batt terminals appear undisturbed so it was probably not disconnected anyway:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...-not-working!-READ-THIS-BEFORE-POSTING!/page2

This doesn't apply to our p5. The non-driver's windows do not work whether from the drivers door or the individual doors. There seems to be only one fuse for all 4 and as the one window works it has to be ok, plus I visually checked it.

So, anyone know what might make 3 out of 4 windows not operate?

Thanks,
Bob

Follow such steps: Remove the door panel, Use a multi-meter to make sure that the motor is getting the correct voltage, Ensure that the window moves freely during this test, Unplug the motor, Remove the bolts that attach the regulator to the glass, Push the window all the way up. For more ideas take some helpful resource which help a lot with accurate solution.

Follow such steps: Remove the door panel, Use a multi-meter to make sure that the motor is getting the correct voltage, Ensure that the window moves freely during this test, Unplug the motor, Remove the bolts that attach the regulator to the glass, Push the window all the way up. For more ideas take some helpful resource which help a lot with accurate solution.

Think I will stick with checking the lockout button first.

Back