what do i need to look for to make sure a cylinder head will fit?

CodyScott

:
mazda proteg5
I have a 2003 protege5 and I want to put a forged cylinder head on it that I will find and restore from a junk yard, how do I know the cylinder head will fit?

I have a 2003 protege5 and I want to put a forged cylinder head on it that I will find and restore from a junk yard, how do I know the cylinder head will fit?

The cylinder head is not forged.....Any 2.0 FSDE head will work. Turbo or non turbo, it's the same

Then what do I need to turbo it?
Depends on how deep your pockets are! Do want it done, or done right?.....going turbo with the protege ain't no walk in the park, can be done done but not for cheap...ud need to invest 4 to 6 grand easily
You need a set of rods and pistons, a total rebuild kit that includes various gaskets seals etc.new water pump, oil pump (doc b set up)turbo manifold, down pipe, injectors, the turbo itself * chose your power level and get the proper size turbo to fit.engine management, a tune for your ems, labor for machining the block, labor to pull and dissemble your engine, new clutch....I could go on and on but basically.....how deep are your pockets?

As deep as they need to be , I don't plan to do it all at once and I can get certain parts at wholesale pricing

Send a PM to Bazooka Joe. He has a 2003 silver P5 that he is parting out and I think he still may have the turbo. Could probably get everything you need from him at a decent price. Tell him Jeff sent ya.

Back