Weird - resuming cruise control, Trans/Tach freakin out?

blackntan

:
2011 Mazda CX-9 Touring - Black n Tan
I've never seen anything like this before, new 2011 CX-9 T w/ 500 miles. Wifes car, but I've been tinkering with it, trying to figure everything out.

Weird thing I found is that if I have cruise set to 45-50 mph, slow down to stop or whatever, then at about 30mph hit "resume", the car will slowly accelerate to maybe 37-40mph, then the tach will start jumping up and down, up and down, like it's trying to find 45mph, and it doesn't want to downshift to get to it. Is this normal? I kinda like the slow acceleration to get back up to speed, saves gas, but it's weird that it gets all jumpy and confused when it is about 5mph from finding the speed to resume to.

When I hit "resume" in my truck, it moves fast to get to it, it doesn't hesitate...

That does seem odd. When I hit resume any sooner than about 5 MPH away from the set speed, it does like your truck does - it goes up to speed as if I put the petal to the floor. I wish it took it's time to get there.

hmmm, weird. I'll keep an eye on it. Might just be some newness trying to get out...

Back