Thinking of purchasing a MS6

o0n8

Still have noob questions
:
74 Schwinn Varsity, 75 Camaro (Project), 04 6 Wagon
I've been passively looking at MS6's for a while and came across one on ebay, is it worth https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)? some mods, looks like CAI, SU blow-off and maybe a TMIC? Clean Carfax and has been registered in Texas all it's life so it should be pretty rust free

Fees will take it to $9072.12 plus either shipping or flying down and driving back

might give them a call, maybe they can go lower if they don't have to deal with ebay & paypal fees?

Not a bad price.
Never liked those metra kits, but at least you can put in your own head unit now..

Also, ask them to buy a fuse box cover for you. What the hell is up with that?!

Not a bad price.
Never liked those metra kits, but at least you can put in your own head unit now..

Also, ask them to buy a fuse box cover for you. What the hell is up with that?!
not a fan of the metra kit, not really sure why they don't have a fuse box cover for it. Asked about that and was told the car is "AS-IS"

Also found this one, it's at least with in road trip driving distance. http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...erId=85036&searchRadius=0&listingId=360922912

High milage but one owner, all stock w/ leather & sunroof. Not must haves but it's nice, VRM is a big want if I go with a MS6.

all-stock is nice. Would check for rust, etc, but otherwise seems ok.

Of course, it's a mazda after all. Hoping that it being mostly a Tennesee car (started out in Colorado) that it should be in good shape. Won't know until I see though.

What are the main spots to check on a 6?

I'm selling my ms6. never even seen snow. (started in TX and went to CA) check out my FS. w/ 100K miles plus I would just make sure all the fluids have been changed and what not.... people seem to abuse these cars.

Last edited:
I'm selling my ms6. never even seen snow. (started in TX and went to CA) check out my FS. w/ 100K miles plus I would just make sure all the fluids have been changed and what not.... people seem to abuse these cars.

It's a beautiful car, love the purple with the silver. Over my budget by about $5k and too modified for me. Looking for stock, close to stock since this will be a family car first, fun car second.

Of course, it's a mazda after all. Hoping that it being mostly a Tennesee car (started out in Colorado) that it should be in good shape. Won't know until I see though.

What are the main spots to check on a 6?

hmm .. not even sure what the common spots are. Mention it in ohio random and someone will chime in. My 6 only saw the first winter - stored after that.

Check in the rear fender wells as well as along the bottom of the doors. That seems to be where all of these cars start to rust, including my old one.

Back