The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

I'm going to paint them bronze and use Duplicolor wheel paint. That's what Josh used on the rx-8 wheels and they looked great.

Nice, Nate. I wanted to go bronze but with the red of my 5 I thought that might be a bit "classic" Caddy.
157523_10893039_1988_Cadillac_Coupe%2BDeVille.jpg

Nice, Nate. I wanted to go bronze but with the red of my 5 I thought that might be a bit "classic" Caddy.

I think you would be ok as long as you don't have white walls or the white stripe.

But I'm with Nick, I'd drive that Caddy.

At the risk of interrupting the random stream of posts by Nate ;) there has been lots of progress on the SM so I figured I'd update you turkeys:

Major updates:

Cut a big hole in the floor along with removing the factory seat mounting locations (well Evan did anyways):
17109819866_8bfe9bf7a3_b.jpg

Had a panel welded in that was made by East Street automotive:
17135103931_211686ddcb_b.jpg

Cleaned and painted the interior gloss black with the help of Evan:
16928296127_4d0e9741b9_b.jpg

Installed all the safety equipment... Seats, harnesses, center net, roll bar padding, etc.
16928266657_a99da627f7_b.jpg

Aaaand, all done.
16947837728_802a8a9ec0_b.jpg

Very excited to finally drive this car.

In addition to all that stuff above I went over everything and made sure it was tight and not tweaked or anything really off. Replaced all the fluids (oil, diff, trans, turret, brake), updated the restrictor plate, replaced the air filter, flushed the radiator and replaced with water/water wetter, replaced a bunch of broken/cracked lights (front markers were both cracked, rear tail lights were cracked, bunch of the side markers were gone or broken), all new brakes (Carbotech XP10/XP8 combo with new NAPA blanks), and finally I put the hard top back on last night. She should be ready to go for Friday! :)

I'm about 97.3% complete with only a few random bits left to take care of.

I also got the red Miata out, changed the oil, and put on the summer tires. I have a garage full of Miatas at the moment...
17135717295_e5a06c5827_b.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. Do you have a specific event for it's maiden voyage?

I also got the red Miata out, changed the oil, and put on the summer tires. I have a garage full of Miatas at the moment...
at the moment...?

I'll be at Mid-Ohio this weekend with NASA.

I'm going to move the SM to a different building after this weekend. I only had it in the garage attached to the house because it was easier to work on it there.

Pimp mobile

I'd rock it.

*Quoted for Evan's sake.

I think you would be ok as long as you don't have white walls or the white stripe.

But I'm with Nick, I'd drive that Caddy.

I'd rock em with white walls even.
Quoted pic for fun too.

Now im off to exchange for some bronze paint and look for whitewall summer performance tires. Oh and I quoted myself with the picture just for you, Evan.

You forgot to quote the picture dude. Cmon.

Sorry, I'm such a slacker.... It's secretly a pet peeve of mine too. I mean, it's right there on the same page. Different pages I understand, but it's right there. C'mon Man!

29153810.jpg

i dig red and bronze, its the same color scheme im going with. BUT mine is Velocity Red Mica not as dark haha

car keeps slowly coming along, ive made good progress on alot of things this week, new timing wheel went in and the car no longer has the dreaded misfire, shaved emblems and pulled some decals, getting the tape residue from the emblems was a miserable job haha, also pulled the front bumper and got the headlights out, gonna be baking them open and doing some work on the headlights tonight or tomorrow. hopefully its nice weather this weekend and i can get the rear brakes and clutch slave done then its just a matter of putting her all back together for the vinyl wrapping and new rubbers then Lindsey will be ready to make an appearance at an upcoming meet

50012114.jpg

Dropped my tires off to be mounted last night at an old SCCA racer's house. Should be ready to pick up after work tonight. The guy was pretty awesome, Has a first gen rx-7 race car for sale. Caged and everything with close to a 1 car garage full of extra parts for only $4k if anyone is looking. He's raced it the last 9 years and has 34 class victories so it's pretty sorted out. He just bought a '85 VW GTI to race in a different class. Also has a '79 all original split tail rx-7 with only 50k miles, a caged neon race car, and an olf formula for lola chassis with a 13b in it that he used to auto-x competitively but now just for fun.

Plans this weekend are brakes, swap to summer wheels, Cars & Coffee tomorrow morning and yard work. I'd like to do my sway bars and coils but I don't think I'll have the time.

Back