Switched Fuse in the inside fuse box?

polypep

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GS (Touring) AWD
Does anyone know if the inside fuse box has a switched fuse i.e. a fuse / outlet that energizes when car is started and switches off when car is turned off. I need to install a dashcam and am looking at putting a fuse tap on one of the switched fuse / circuits. In my Altima all 12V cigarette outlets were switched but I found that the CX-5 outlets are always on.

I have a 2016 Touring CX-5 if that matters.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

On my 2014, the front one is switched and I have used that fuse, for my dashcam/radar detector/auto dim mirror install. The arm rest console one, is always on.

The 2016 cx-5 does not have the front 12v outlet anymore. Can you tell me which fuse powered the front 12v in your cx-5 so I can investigate in my car what that fuse does.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tapped into that fuse box to install a radar detector. I think I used the uppermost fuse block that was empty; I don't recall the number. I'd verify it goes off with the ignition using a VOM. The bare metal bolt securing the fuse box to the firewall is a good place to tap into a ground. I had to snap out part of the footwell liner to get a wrench on it.

The 2016 cx-5 does not have the front 12v outlet anymore. Can you tell me which fuse powered the front 12v in your cx-5 so I can investigate in my car what that fuse does.

Look in the how to section for the radar detector Valentine One installation pictures and use the one he uses if your is the same fuse box.

I can't speak to the 2016 models, but if you look in my signature it includes a link to the thread that GAXIBM mentioned. When you take the cover to the fuze box off you'll see it has a diagram of what each slot is for. Check to see if there is one that says rear outlet that is empty.

I used the First open slot in the second column- the one nearest the dead pedal

I think it's slot 11. Manual said rear power. No fuse. Nothing is in it but it has power And is switched. I used it to hook up DVD players.

I used the First open slot in the second column- the one nearest the dead pedal

I think it's slot 11. Manual said rear power. No fuse. Nothing is in it but it has power And is switched. I used it to hook up DVD players.
Here is a pic from a referred post.
a867037eb0ebd10304955de77d70439b.jpg
f220537876bc2c0b2d8d5fbbc00b72a4.jpg

Back