SD Card Error

:
Mazda,CX-5 GT
Mazda Toolbox (new version just downloaded) won't read my factory SD card, says it's locked or I haven't driven (it's not and I have). Tried 2 different SD ports on my system.

Have you tried blowing the slots out with compressed air?

Then it is possible that your dealer, by accident, put your card into another vehicle (for a demo etc.) The card gets then locked to another VIN and cannot be used by your car anymore.

Anyway your dealer can replace your card under warranty.

The mazda toolbox on the app would read regardless of what vehicle it came out of if locked to another car. The computer app has no idea what car you have.

Does it work in your Mazda?

??

Windows can read the card, just the Mazda software can't (thinks it's invalid/locked)
Slide "Lock" tab on the side of SD card a couple of times and make sure it's at unlocked position then try it again. Yeah does it work in your CX-5's navigation system?

It works in the CX5 and the lock tab works 'cause I accidentally left it locked when I put it back in the car. Doh!. Windows reads the file structure just fine and I've used the nav a few times.

Apparently after the auto update of the software it should have prompted me for a reboot but didn't. Next time I tried it worked (sort of) timed out several times but eventually got there.

Back