Replacing front burned-out turn signal bulb?

vbbuilt01

:
2007 Mazda CX-7
Hi, trying to figure out how to do this. The owner's manual provides a crude illustration, which isn't really clear on what has to be done and the instructions are sparse. You have to remove a panel from inside the front wheel well and the illustration appears to show that 4 screws have to be removed, but the illustration just doesn't quite match up with what I see underneath. And the owners manual doesn't explain what to do, once the screws are removed (assuming I find the right ones).

Anyone out there in CX-7 Land tackled this problem, yet?

Thanks, Vince.

if your vehicle is under warranty it should be covered make an appoinment an have them take care of it.

Turn the wheel the opposite way you are working. Remove the plastic clips from the front of the wheel well (just the ones on the front half). Pull the wheelwell out from behind the front bumper/fender. Reach up and unscrew the signal. Helps if you are doing it with the hood up and if you have a flashlight.

Thanks for the replies! The ride is out of warranty now, at 53K miles.

But discovered that it's not a simple burned out bulb. There's an electrical problem somewhere, cuz I replaced the bulb. The ride's going into Mazda service this week.

Vince

But discovered that it's not a simple burned out bulb. There's an electrical problem somewhere, cuz I replaced the bulb. The ride's going into Mazda service this week.

Vince

Ouch. I hope this isn't what is happening with my wife's CX7. All of a sudden her turn signal went out (actually right after I posted my reply!)

Vince
Looks like my wife's car is going into the dealer!(ughdance)

An update to the turn signal

Well, I took the car in for the first check on Monday, August 12th. They took out the old bulb and put in a new one. Twenty mins later, the turn signal stopped working.

Took the car back this last Saturday. I told the shop that I couldn't leave the car overnight, so please perform complete diagnostics and then we'll figure out what to do. Dealer again went through the diagnostics and came up with a blank - couldn't find any problem. He put in another new bulb and said if the problem persists, bring back the vehicle and leave it, because they'd have to contact Mazda USA for assistance.

Well, long story short, apparently the "new" bulb they put in, week before last, was a bad bulb. The bulb they put in 4 days ago is good now! Turn signal is again working. The dealer said one of two causes: 1) Sometimes new bulbs, straight from stock, can be bad. Makes sense...I've encountered that problem with changing incandescent bulbs in my lamps in my house. 2) There's a short in the system somewhere.

Only time will tell....keep my fingers crossed here!

Later, Vince.

We took ours in after I changed all the bulbs and nothing changed.....all they supposedly did was change the bulbs. WTF. Mazda using special bulbs...(rofl)

Back