Question regarding installation of Sirius XM antenna

:
Mazda CX-5 Touring
Hey all,
I'm new to these forums but wanted to find out if the Mazda Dealership I went to installed my Sirius XM correctly. I think they messed something up. I have a Mazda CX-5 Touring with the Bose system and just had the dealership install the Sirius XM. I've been having SIGNIFICANT signal loss and choppy reception with my Sirius radio. They installed it and placed it directly above my rear-view mirror on the INSIDE of my car. I happen to think this is why my reception is horrendous! Did the dealership/service department make a mistake? I looked at the installation instructions and they show that it should be placed on the rear of the car close to the fin antenna. I've tried resending the signal MULTIPLE times to no avail. I also wasn't sure if it could be a faulty kit? But, personally, I think its the placement of the antenna. Any of you who have had this installed, is it on the outside of your CX-5? Rear of the car? Front of the car? Interior?

Thanks!

Is it next to the mirror on closer to the passenger side? I went to the dealer 2 days ago to look at the 2015 gt and saw a black antenna installed there or atleast somethinv that looked like an antenna.

Last edited:
Dealer took a short cut. Satellite radio antenna s/b installed at rear of roof next to shark fin. That, BTW, is why I elected not to get this as a dealer-installed option because I presumed it would be installed under the fin like the factory does it.

Has this changed over the years? Sirius used to advise that the antenna should be placed away from the radio antenna which would dictate placing it toward the front of the CUV.

If the dealer installed on the interior windshield, not only is the location wrong, the antenna is inverted.
You need to go back to the dealer and insist they do it right.

As an alternative: I installed a Sirius kit on my last Subie. Mounted the antenna directly under the dash, in a location where where was no metal dash supports or bracing. Worked great.

Because of needing some modifications I had mine installed professionally Monday. The shop does very high end custom audo installs and the work is awsome. They confirmed the antenna had to be away from the shark fin and installed it mid dash with hookup to AUX. I did a quick 350 mile trip this morning and it worked perfectly. I wish I could say the same for my Pandora.

Back