Project: Evil Rex

evilmonkeyMSP

Scrotie McBoogerBalls
Contributor
:
'13 CWP MS3 & '16 Mazda6 GT
Well, after having the car for a few months I finally made some time for it over the weekend and got to work. I figured now is the best time then to start a project thread to show my progress, no matter how slow hehe :D

Here was the beast when we first towed it from Miami.

P3100002.jpg

P3100006.jpg

P3030333.jpg

So I started this weekend by just removing a lot of the plastic to get it out of the way so that i can begin the repairs on the coolant leak coming from the waterpump housing.

I removed the battery and tray, the fan/radiator shroud and the intake box.

I also went ahead and started to remove the remaining A/C lines that were left when the A/C was removed byt the previous owner (glad he did it and not me :D ) I still have to remove the condensor, drier and a few other lines but I'll have to wait till I pull the radiator before I'll have decent access to all that.

Here is the way it stands now, much more bare looking and in need of a good degreasing in the engine bay:

P1010069.jpg

P1010073.jpg

Parts pile!

P1010079.jpg

Since I was kind of at a standstill I decided to pull a few other easy things that I plan on replacing/cleaning.

The first to go was the headlights, they were nasty and covered in bugs. I plan on replacing them w/ just some cheapy ebay crystal ones like this:

SD.jpg

I also pulled the Flash to Pass lenses because they needed to be polished up. I then realized that the mounting screws were so brittle from age that they just started to break off, so I'll need some new ones :D

It has no eyeballs!!!!

P1010072.jpg

I also started pulling some of the interior out of the rear. There was a lot of garbage that had fallen into the space where the spare tire was lol. It needs to be degreased and cleaned also...yay!

P1010076.jpg

P1010078.jpg

Last edited:
Yay!!! Looks like you're on your way with it!

Good to see another white S4 N/A being brought back to life. :D

Nice car, But some ********** or POR-15. I used Rust bullet and it's worked wonders on my cars. That stuff is strong great for restoration work.

definitely. I especially need to do something w/ the frame that is directly under the master cylinder because it leaked and caused the paint to bubble up and rust to start as you can see in the middle of the right of the pic

P1010073.jpg

At least i know where my brake leak is now lol
Nice car, But some ********** or POR-15. I used Rust bullet and it's worked wonders on my cars. That stuff is strong great for restoration work.

BTW looks like you have an S4 based on your manifold. You think about getting VDI from the S5 that's good for like 10-12whp, and makes the power band much thicker.

Oh yes, the VDI.

Can you nerds please stop speaking dorito so the rest of us can keep up? kthnxbye (outie)

:p

yeah, its an S4, and i have thought about it and might do that in the future. My main goal right now is to get the coolant and brake leaks taken care of so it can be driven.

BTW looks like you have an S4 based on your manifold. You think about getting VDI from the S5 that's good for like 10-12whp, and makes the power band much thicker.

Last edited:
*throws popcorn in the nuker*
*hits up drink machine for a soda*

Gather around folks, this should be good.

You're not missing much. It's a rustbucket with no eyeballs. (rlaugh)

Back