MS6 Wheels? Pic Request!

Orlandoech

:
Speed6
Im looking for some wheels for my MS6, what looks good in your guys opinion?

Anyone have stock black wheels?

Pics/links would help me too... Thanks!

I do...send me a PM and Ill be glad to send you a pic....Ill also start a thread tommorow sometime...they are powder coated satin black...

here you go

HPIM0624.jpg

holy s*** that looks good. You painted the fog light pieces too? Did you paint anything else to match, like the black on the rear bumper maybe? I always wondered what that would look like painted.

Where did you get the front down drafts and side skirts...looking to order and have paint matched. Black Cherry Mica

Wow those look amazing in black, wonder how they would look on a red ms6....

I think they'd look frikkin amazing! I'm getting the same done to my rims in a week or so. My car's Liquid Platinum and I'm going with Satin Black as my powder coat for the rims.

Think I'll have to look for a place to get it done. How much does powder coating usually cost? And where abouts can I can it done?

i was researching this and found that alot of people paint over powdercoat because powdercoat can crack whereas yes paint does chip but it can be fixed. If your powdercoat cracks you have to get the entire wheel re done(powdercoating isnt cheap). Was also reading a thread on Evom that said powdercoating could weaken the structural integrity of the rim. I just bought 4 cans each of high performance wheel paint- satin black and clear coat from dupli-color along with grease and wax remover, primer, and sandpaper. Im going to be doing my stock rims in the next week or so. Ill let everyone know how it comes out.

You can powder coat all four wheels, have them sandblasted and primered at a place near my house for $180....The name of the company is the Blast Shop...they are out of Kenosha,WI.....that to me is cheap...much cheaper than paying $800-1500 for wheels and tires.....and powdercoating is guaranteed..if it cracks theyll fix it for free....paint in my opinion sucks....but its all in what your looking for.

Heres a link to my car with Satin Black powder coating .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS9GJIBzvck

I just got my OEM wheels powdercoated a graphite color. I like them much better, now. Before, the car had too much silver. Total cost for acid strip and powdercoat was $300.

pc_oem3.jpg

Last edited:
I just got my OEM wheels powdercoated a graphite color. I like them much better, now. Before, the car had too much silver. Total cost for acid strip and powdercoat was $300.

pc_oem3.jpg

Looks good but.....Ouch...!pull up your pants my friend...I paid $180 to do mine(nuts)

Looks good but.....Ouch...!pull up your pants my friend...I paid $180 to do mine(nuts)

Around my area, this is a very good deal. Plus, this shop is very top notch. When I dropped the wheels off, they were powdercoating wall-mount TV brackets for Best Buy. When I picked them up, they were doing cabinets for Medtronic. I guess you get what you pay for and you got crap. (eekfu)

Back