konis for p5?

Stealth5

It's SABOTAGE
Contributor
:
02.5 Protege5
does koni make struts for the p5? i dont think they do but i had to ask. im planning on GC coilovers with maybe tokicos and an awr 21.5 sway bar.

anyone want to reccomend a good strut to use with ground controls, im just riding on stock struts and tein springs as of now

konis dont fit with GC from what ive heard with l8r... tokico ive heard are whats best have you thought about JIC a1 or a2

SenorCorwin said:
konis dont fit with GC from what ive heard with l8r... tokico ive heard are whats best have you thought about JIC a1 or a2
too much $$$
i can get some tokicos and gc coilovers for like 6 or 700

hmmm everyone loves them might be worth it to wait and upgrade if your going for an AutoX path.

i dont autox that often tho, i just want good handling for the street, a nice looking drop and decent comfort

any setup reccomendations

Jeremy, where can you get that price for those? I've been thinking about buying some springs, but if its only $500 more, why not?

Wow, I really just said that didnt I?

well tokicos well raise your ride hieght so you might want something adjustable... like coilovers... im not sure what pirce range you looking at? the GT-Spec stuff looks nice.

where

Stealth5 said:
too much $$$
i can get some tokicos and gc coilovers for like 6 or 700
oh yeh where can you get them and how much will it cost if i wanted to install it professionally? any info would help

SenorCorwin said:
I think it was KYB's that didnt fit the GC

daKiNeP5 said:
I think it was KYB's that didnt fit the GC
correct

$400 for tokico blues from protegegarage.com and $350 for GC coils
so $750 and you may be able to talk them into free shipping or something

nalspeed said:
oh yeh where can you get them and how much will it cost if i wanted to install it professionally? any info would help
you can install the springs onto the struts yourself easily i think then maybe pay $75 or $100 to a garage to install the complete units

yah, kyb's dont fit.

idk about konis? u should find out first

The tokicos raise the ride height over stock? I was thinking about going with them and the eibach pro kit, but I may reconsider the tokicos if they they are going to negate the lowering springs...

they wont totally negate them...they just wont drop QUITE as much. its better to get new struts when you get new springs tho

I'd stay away from GC coilovers man.... I had them, and they are just noisy... I'd recomend you either get the struts and some springs you'll be happy with, or some full coilovers. I know they cost much more, but if you have to have adjustable height then I wouldn't go for less.

instalation is pretty easy either way you go, I've done it plenty of times. every time without a spring compressor. (though I wouldn't recomend it for putting certain springs ON to struts.)

ha you can talk me into alot of things... Sorry i had the name wrong on that one so check it out.

Ill also agree with ryan that you should get a nice set of springs and struts unless you go full coilover

how much would a fairly good set of coilovers cost me?? something less expensive than TEIN or JIC but still good.

S3 Coilovers are designed and produced exclusively by world class motorsport technicians. Each application combines race proven technology with the vehicle`s unique design characteristics for the ultimate in ride and handling.

-Ride height adjustment from 1 to 3 inches lower than factory.
-Dual spring design perched on monotube gas charged dampers.
-Low bleed system to maintain ride quality and eliminate the harsh ride associated with other coilover systems.
-Proprietary speed sensitive mechanism automatically adjusts dampening for improved handling during high-speed or aggressive driving conditions.

Thats whats on our site... i havent riden in a car with them but N20inferno bought them, he said the install was a lil a tuff but overall i think he liked em.

Back