Injen CAI help

evilmonkeyMSP

Scrotie McBoogerBalls
Contributor
:
'13 CWP MS3 & '16 Mazda6 GT
Ok, i live in florida and we have this problem w/ rain and flooding. i want to get a CAI for my MS but have always been terrified of hydrolocking my engine. my questions is, can the injen CAI also be used as a short ram???? if so i will have to get one. also i notice in some of the pictures that the stock airbox and tube seam to come from the rear of the engine while the injen looks as if it comes right from the turbo. does the stock intake just have this much tubing? and has anyone has any kind of problems w/ the CAI?

1) Unless the filter is submerged, you will not get hydrolock. It's in a safe spot...as always, this is not a guarantee...just a look at the odds.

2) You can use it as a short ram, probably, but you're taking in a bunch of heat, so why bother?

3) Yes the stock tubing is that friggin ridiculous...I can't believe they did that!

4) No problems w/ the CAI except that INJEN are a bunch of numbskulls and have no idea on how to ship the proper parts together, so you have to call and yell at them sometimes!

i got an injen cai and had one in my previous msp. so total of 2.5 years driving with cai in florida in some heavy ass rain and i havent had any problems

lol...sorry vampyre, but this thread is obviously dead....it was put up 2 years ago...

LMAO!!!! Vampyre...you can blame it ALL on Lisa LOL

mp3wannabe said:
lol...sorry vampyre, but this thread is obviously dead....it was put up 2 years ago...

I re started old threads too. Reading a thread and when you get to the botton you see the related threads. So you click on one and start reading and then decide to reply. right after you hit submit, D'oh you see the date from 2 years ago but its too late your reply has already gone through. So you say what the hell I'll just leave it.

Back