Got my 2005 Mazda 3 i last week check it out

urge262

Automatic, Moon roof, 6 cd Changer, ABS/SAC, Power Package (16in alloy wheels, keyless entry, power locks, power windows, cruise control, 6 speaker system, and power mirrors), floor mats, cargo net, cargo mat, door edge guards, front and rear mud guards, and wheel locks.

$18,580

DSC00701.JPG

DSC00697.JPG

DSC00700.JPG

Calipers are a little bright just because I just did them. Also the camera makes them seem a little orange but they match the red tail lights.

nice dude. i like the options. Nice job on the calipers.
Welcome to the boards.
Did you remove the "2.3" emblem from the doors?
i think you should get rid of the moldings too.

ZoomVT said:
nice dude. i like the options. Nice job on the calipers.
Welcome to the boards.
Did you remove the "2.3" emblem from the doors?
i think you should get rid of the moldings too.

No its the i so no "2.3"

damn i wasnt paying attention at all. I just saw the options and i assumed it was a 2.3 because i thought those options were not available for the i trim.
Where are you located? is this maybe for canada? im almost positive they dont have this options for i trim here. Its nice though

ZoomVT said:
damn i wasnt paying attention at all. I just saw the options and i assumed it was a 2.3 because i thought those options were not available for the i trim.
Where are you located? is this maybe for canada? im almost positive they dont have this options for i trim here. Its nice though
i thought exactly the same as you, but then i noticed the tails

you paid 18.5 for a base model???? Oh well you should be glad that you sent some salesman a all expense trip to Hawaii.

ZoomVT said:

Pittsburgh PA. I wanted the s but with my options nowhere to be found in this area. Yeah i could have ordered one but I would have no bargining power. So I went with the i and there were a few around this area.

Autox MSP said:
you paid 18.5 for a base model???? Oh well you should be glad that you sent some salesman a all expense trip to Hawaii.

No way dude. With the same exact options on edmunds and kelly blue book the invoice price was listed at $18,007

Take $18,007 - $560 (destination charge) = $17,447 (dealer actual cost)

$17,447 (dealer actual cost) * .03 (3% Profit) = $523.41 (dealer profit)

then

$17,447 (dealer actual cost) + $523.41 (dealer profit) + $560 (destination charge) = $18,530.41 was my offer. Salesman said if i got to $18,580 they will give me $300 for my trade in which was a 1989 Plymouth Voyager which had a kelly blue book listing of $100 trade in value.

Frankly I think I got a good deal on a pretty hot selling car.

Dude i dont know about the price. i got my 04 s trim ( in 2004 when it was the latest model) fresh off the factory (it had 1 mile on it when i test drove it) The same options minus the ABS and MT(i dont need it) and i only paid 17,500. You are getting the smaller engine and the same options for $1000 bucks more? I think that the i model is at least 1500 bucks cheaper than the s with comparable options. I like the options but not sure about the price. It is a great car though and as long as you dont feel ripped off.

ZoomVT said:
Dude i dont know about the price. i got my 04 s trim ( in 2004 when it was the latest model) fresh off the factory (it had 1 mile on it when i test drove it) The same options minus the ABS and MT(i dont need it) and i only paid 17,500. You are getting the smaller engine and the same options for $1000 bucks more? I think that the i model is at least 1500 bucks cheaper than the s with comparable options. I like the options but not sure about the price. It is a great car though and as long as you dont feel ripped off.

Check it out on edmunds and kelly based on the 15101 zip code.

I have AT thats $800 right there and abs is $660. If i went with the S it is in the mid 19's with the same options

He did pay a good price for that car. His salesman will be eating ramen for that one... :) j/k It was a fair deal.

so you would have paid 1000 more for the s model? i would have done it... but thats just me... i got the s model with just the moon and 6disk option and paid less then you did, but i didn't have an auto or the safety package... i don't think you got ripped off, you did your research and went in with more knowledge then most, me included, just surprised at the overall $$ for the "i" model...

All options being the same they're generally less than 1000 apart... For a bigger motor, leath wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, fogs, and a more... interesting interior. I think the i is nice, but the s is a slightly better buy considering what you get. My dealership has about 5 s to every i.

Puckpimp71 said:
All options being the same they're generally less than 1000 apart... For a bigger motor, leath wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, fogs, and a more... interesting interior. I think the i is nice, but the s is a slightly better buy considering what you get. My dealership has about 5 s to every i.

where do you live? Because in Pitt I couldnt find an s within 4 states with my options. Yeah I def. wanted a bigger engine but if they were on the lots i would def. pay 1000 more for the s but I would have ordered it and had no real say in the price. So i lose the s and get a fair deal I believe. I may be kicking myself in a couple years but cmon I was driving a plymouth voyager since high school and i'm 24 and this feels like a cadillac to me.

I'm in South FL. We've got at few in stock with your equipment, but on the S. The price difference makes for an easy switch for most customers and as good as the I is, the only real savings is the gas mileage, so most people walk in for the I, but buy the S...

When i went to a local dealer he said he found an s with my options but not in my color and he said it was $22,000+ Since he found the s 3 states away in MD they would drive it here and put the miles on the car. i bet i could bargin it down to 20k+. But when i would price it online i bet i could get it for 18,800 if it was on lot. so basically in my case i would pay 2000 more from the i to the s. do you think it would be worth me spending 2000+ for a little bigger engine? Personally no. When i priced my options with the i and the s the s was right around 1000 more. So you have to remember different parts of the country certain cars are more popular (and more expensive) than others. So look at my situation... my options lower price and bargining power or bigger engine my options and no bargining power at all.

Also i went to the dealer with a credit union price quote of 5.17% apr for 60 months at a pervious dealer thay gave me 8.9% for 60 months. **** that! When i went to the dealer i bought the car from I told them I had a car loan approval for 5.17% they tried to beat it and they gave me 5.09% for 60 months. Always bring car price quotes, loan quotes, and a credit report. I think 5.09% for 60 is an awesome intrest rate for one of the most popular cars on the market... thats just me

what do you guys think?

I think you did the right thing as far as getting yourself a good deal goes. The APR was nice, and your price was very competitive. By the way, the car looks good with the painted calipers.

hey congrats! i am also an "i" owner so if you need any help w/parts that will work w/ it let me know!

Back