Goodyear all seasons.

whitey4311

:
MS3 GT Black Mica w/nav
So I asked earlier about tire choices and it seems that some suggest the eagle F1 all seasons. I have read the reviews and they all seem great but I dont drive in any snow and in southern Cali we dont drive in much rain either so its mostly summer weather year around.

Would these tires not be a good choice based on using them in mostly summer conditions or are they as good as people say and perform the same or close to the stock tires as far as handling?

If not these tires I am still open to other choices so let me hear them and I will research more on what you guys say.

This tire is for daily driving in mostly summer conditions all year round and I dont want to outfit the car in bad tires that wont handle well but I do want a tire that can compromise a bit of performance for longer life when compared to stock potenzas. The BFG tires that came on the SRT-4 were my first choice but many reviews talk about horrible road noise at 10k+ miles.

Thanks again.

I'm one of the people that went around suggesting the Eagle F1 All Seasons... I hope I made it clear every time that I was only speaking based on reviews (not personal experience). I actually ended up getting some pirelli all seasons (something like P-Zero Nero M+S)...

Anyway, it sounds like you should definitely get some summer tires. Unless you're going to be going up to the mountains or something it sounds like snow will be the least of your concerns. Rain on the other hand is probably fairly common (right?). I'm certainly no expert, but I'm pretty sure some (most?) summer tires are designed for good rain traction as well.

Yeah I think you are right and even with rain its not very often here in SO CAL but maybe on and off for a few weeks during the winter time.

Any ideas on some good summer tires?

I want something at about stock performance level but longer tread life.

I've just ordered a set for winter in Calgary, IMO I wouldn't go to a tire this A/S oriented for southern Cali...P Zero Nero would be a good bargin, good tire and have good all round characteristics for Cali. If it were me I'd just run summers there...

Yeah I hear you on that.

I still cant decide what to get. The ECSTA Khumos look nice and are priced very cheap but I dont know if thats why people like them or they are actually a good tire.

I really enjoy the confidence the Potenzas give me when I want to push the car in a turn and I dont want to loose that. I figure I will likely get 20k miles out of them and if thats the case I am considering buying them again.

I am looking at those Pirelli tires and they seem good at $176 and I am sure they make a good tire. I will research those, thanks.

Any other opinions welcome.

Last edited:
Ok I think we have a winner. I read all the tire rack reviews and the test they did comparing the potenzas and a set of goodyears. Seems that ths Pzero Nero tire is killer and the price is better then potezas by about $100 total and should make me happy.

Thanks man.

Well I dont want to spend alot but I dont want to spend $100 on s*** either. I would hate to buy a $100 tire that isnt going to make me happy when I could have spent $75 more for something really good.

My friend traded his MS3 for an Evo8 since he said its so much better and then put $80 s*** tires on it, lol. I dont get that at all, either maintain the car the way it was intended to be run or dont buy a performance car to start with.

I think $700 or so for a set of tires is fair priced and being that they are Perelli I can live with the cost knowing it wont be a waste of money. I hope those Nero Zeros last longer then these Potenzas because that would make them an even better deal.

The tests done by tirerack look very good for this tire and they rank it ahead in just about all categories over the goodyear and pol position bridgestone. So far I am sold on these unless someone can confirm that a tire like the Ecsta is just as good for the price. Only issue I see is that most all the tests done favor the tire in question, lol.

Last edited:
Check out the Continental Extreme Contacts in a 225/45/18.

They are untouched by anything in terms of snow traction. And very little performance is sacraficed.

I have them on our SRT-6, and it is truly a great tire. A set is going the MS3 next week.

Price?

118 a tire from tire rack.(Some areas are out of stock though)

Thanks but I think I have decided that based on the above posts that a summer tire is best for me.

I think I am back to the BFG tires and will just try them out. I am not one that is picky about noise so I cant imagine I will be bothered or notice it. They seem like a very good tire and they are well priced so I will find out how they do.

And I am not sure which Pirelli tires you are looking at but the Zerro neros are much more then that.

Back