Definitive 2010 MS3 wheel / snow tire thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
5x114.3 bolt pattern, +45 to +55 offset wheels will fit on 2007+ Mazdaspeed3's. 16" will barely clear calipers, 17" is perfect.

There, that took literally 1/8th the length of your post and literally straight to the point. Now...stop over-analyzing and order a pair of damn wheels and tires already!!! You'll be lucky to find any at this point.

I spent $800 on my 17" MB Wheel "drag" wheels and 215/50/17 Dunlop Wintersport M3's.

5x114.3 bolt pattern, +45 to +55 offset wheels will fit on 2007+ Mazdaspeed3's. 16" will barely clear calipers, 17" is perfect.

There, that took literally 1/8th the length of your post and literally straight to the point. Now...stop over-analyzing and order a pair of damn wheels and tires already!!! You'll be lucky to find any at this point.

I spent $800 on my 17" MB Wheel "drag" wheels and 215/50/17 Dunlop Wintersport M3's.

Ahmen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice

Well, I could have done the jackass thing and told you to search the forums and overanalyze your mind numb.

Fact of the matter is, it's January. You're way behind, and if you MUST research this to your wit's end, you'll be more successful just searching than having the entire forum RE-NEGOTIATE/RE-DISCUSS all over again on what's the best option.

You haven't had your car long enough for me to determine whether or not you're the type of person who:

A) Researches insane amounts of data prior to a purchase, both large and small, and NEVER has a regretful thought about it?

or

B) Researches insane amounts of data prior to a purchase, both large and small, and will STILL have regrets, no matter how much research was done (technically, that's me for sure.)

Just relax, and buy a pair of tires already. You can't screw this up.

Seriously, for now, get a set of Blizzak LM-22s that are on closeout in 215/45/18 and have them swap over to your set of OEM wheels, then pick up a used set of 18's from a 6, MS3, or MS6 and put them on there for winter duty. This isn't a hard thing to do.

Problem is, there isn't a SINGLE wheel that will fit.

Any 17" wheel will fit as long as it's +45 to +55 and 5x114.3. I'm not trying to give you a hard time but you're asking a question that technically involves alot of your own input.

And..I hate to sound arrogant, but your car isn't any more special than the 1st gens (in terms of wheels/tires/brakes specs and requirements). There are a ton of wheel & tire packages for the 2007-2009 MS3's. Same s*** as your car.

Steve makes a great point, there's a guy selling a set of Mazda RX-8 wheels MINT and WITH TPMS! This way you don't need to stare at a tire pressure dash light all winter. And I can already see it happening:

Originally posted by DailyDriver
Thread Title: Is there any theoretical way to disable TPMS dash light?

Guys, I totally forgot about my TPMS since i've bought my 2nd set of wheels and tires for my car. In the past, with my Corvette, it'd normally sit, because you know, obviously, it's a Corvette. Those things don't do too well in the winter, har har har. Anyways, after rigorous research, I bought my wheels and tires from Tire Rack. Frank was a great help and always has taken care of me. In the past when i'd order tires for the Vette, he'd always make sure they'd be exactly what I ordered, not a nick or scratch on the tires.

Frank gets everything priced up and shipped directly to my house. I lift the MS3 up, take off the stock wheels, install the new winter tires and wheels and go for a spin. Until I realized, oh NOES! I can't believe I have to stare at this TPMS all winter.

Is there any way you can disable this light in the ECU? In the past, I had seen other cars that were able to manipulate the flux capacitor in order to boost the blinker performance. There's just GOTTA be a way to turn this light off. Otherwise, i'm going to have to find another set of TPMS to install and go through this again.

Performance seems to be great and I think the MS3 has hardly missed a step, although I can definitely feel some more wheel spin and slightly softer sidewalls, at the exception of fantastic snow and ice traction!

LMAO..just ****** with ya man..

Here's the link to the tires I was talking about:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...oYear=2007&autoModel=MazdaSpeed6&autoModClar=

These will have no issues when swapping your Dunlops for these. If you're that concerned, check this out:

http://www.wheelsmaster.com/rt_specs.jsp

You can input multiple wheel/tire sizes and get an answer whether or not they fit. I'd imagine mount/dismounting of tires would run $40-60 per season, so down the road a second set of wheels would be cost effective.

Daily Driver,

No differences between brakes between the years. Offsets noted in previous posts are accurate; however, lower ones will work (just bump the wheels out a little from stock, but then its a narrower tire so its not a biggie). You really are overanalzying this a bit - same specs as 07-09 so just roll with ANY of those combos and you will literally have ZERO problems. I got mine from Discount Tire and they been on for nearly 2k miles with no problems. I'm running a set of 215/50/17 Dunlop Wintersports (got them from a "client" haha) and they are a great performance tire that handles light snow/cold weather crap very well. I'm pleased!

Here are mine:
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...2009&pc=79646&counter=1&wd=17&rw=7&vid=015311 (they are a 42mm offset, no problems AT ALL so please dont worry!)

Here they are in just silver:
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...2009&pc=73139&counter=1&wd=17&rw=7&vid=015311

Oh did I mention that they are cheap as f@#k! $399 shipped with gorilla lug nuts, hub rings and new valve stems!

Attachments

• IMG00024-20091201-1935.jpg
    IMG00024-20091201-1935.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back