CX-5 Ebay Fog Assembly DRLs

I couldn't see any reason why it shouldn't work, I'm just surprised most people are tapping into wires rather than using a fuse tap or two.

I couldn't see any reason why it shouldn't work, I'm just surprised most people are tapping into wires rather than using a fuse tap or two.

I was wondering the same thing but I could never figure out which fuse to attach the tap to. What number fuse did you attach to make it dim with the headlights?

What number fuse did you attach to make it dim with the headlights?

Just to be clear I haven't purchased a set of DRL's yet because I am reluctant to splice into my headlight wiring harness, so I can only assume using wire taps will work. As I have posted previously, if there is any reason why this wouldn't work, please let us know.

You should be able to use either of the following.
If you have xenon headlights, low beam #23 or #35.
Halogen headlights left hand low beam #23 (#23 is Left Hand low beam for either HID or halogen)
Halogen headlights right hand low beam #24

The other option is to use your marker/park lights to dim your DRL's as these light when you use your headlights.

Marker/park lights #48

Cheers Paul.

Last edited:
Just to be clear I haven't purchased a set of DRL's yet because I am reluctant to splice into my headlight wiring harness, so I can only assume using wire taps will work. As I have posted previously, if there is any reason why this wouldn't work, please let us know.

I'm actually using a fuse tap right now, so it does work (I have a max sport too) - but I haven't set it up yet to dim with headlights, I will try these fuse combos over the weekend - lets hope I can find those fuse taps!

It should be pretty straight forward so let us know how you get on.

Cheers, Paul.

You should be able to use either of the following.
If you have xenon headlights, low beam #23 or #35.
Halogen headlights left hand low beam #23 (#23 is Left Hand low beam for either HID or halogen)
Halogen headlights right hand low beam #24

The other option is to use your marker/park lights to dim your DRL's as these light when you use your headlights.

Marker/park lights #48

Cheers Paul.

IMO these are far better tap connectors than the cheap blue ones you can get everywhere.

http://www.posi-lock.com/posiplug.html

posi-tap_n2_a2-b.jpg

The touring model in the US has it, unsure about the GT version

you mean the coming home function? i have a 13 touring and dont remember seeing it anywhere although it has been awhile

if these modules come down in price a little more i might drop the hammer on them

Hi everyone!
I have read all thread but what I'm interested to know is how people did the wiring inside their car. also where to mount/attach LED controller unit so it won't fall off.

this is new model of LED DRL which seller said it will fit all model of CX-5 including first model in 2012.
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Hmm, some of those styles aren't too bad, however I think that chrome section on it is tacky af. One thing you can do, without drilling is to use black silicon sealant to adhere the module somewhere in the engine bay. This is how I secured both of my resistors for my switchback LED turn signal/running light vs drilling like on my previous CX-5. In fact I used the flat portion on either side of the bay right next to the rubber flaps. If there is no fuse in that box, I'd add one. Also you can wire the power source directly to the drl wire, or park light/fog light wire if you want to toggle them and not have a wire coming out the fuse box.

Yeah, I like the double LED bars but hate the plasticy chrome.

My controller is affixed to the side of the fuse box with good double sided tape (the thick foam type). Still solid after two years.

Thanks to the OP for pointing these out. I just received my set from MIT off Ebay. Even though I have a 2016 with the restyled fog lamp covers, I elected to go with the earlier style units. I found the double bar unit was going to block the OEM fog lamps too much, a problem the earlier units didn't have.

I'm actually fairly impressed with the quality of the unit, especially since it wasn't an OEM or OEM supplier. I was pleasantly surprised to see weatherproof connectors and the like. I'm eager to install these, but I need to decide how I want them to run. I'm thinking on with DRL and parking, dimmed with head lamps and off with fog lamps, but I could be swayed. I'm not sure if it's a better idea to dim them with the parking lamps, or leave them full brightness. How often do you actually drive with just parking lamps, I suppose is the real question.

I ended up installing these today, and I snapped a few photos. Because of the ease of getting to wiring, I wired them slightly different than I had initially planned. I have them full bright without the headlamps on, dimmed with the parking lamps and head lamps, and off with the fog lamps. These photos show what it looks like (please excuse the poor photography, I am more or less limited to my iPhone for now as I don't have a fancy camera). It also gives members an idea of what the older style fog surrounds look like with the newer style grille.

FullSizeRender%20924381-edit_zpsiwcinwj2.jpg

FullSizeRender%20924382-edit_zpsdgpwj0pl.jpg

FullSizeRender%20924383%20-edit_zps0clnkbdr.jpg

Back