Brembo blanks and new pads

zmzmzm

I installed four new Brembo blanks and new pads on my car yesterday. The stock pads were original, so with almost 80,000 miles, I think they held up pretty well. The front rotors had been turned twice to counter warping, and the driver's side rear caliper piston had stopped sliding, so the inside pad was completely gone. That rotor was damaged, and the front two, after being turned twice, were below spec.

I purchased Brembo blanks from Wood at brakepros@yahoo.com. He sells crossdrilled, vented and slotted Brembos on ebay, but after exhaustive research, I chose the Brembo blanks. Front rotors were $35 apiece, rear rotors were $25 apiece. Total with shipping was $151.38 for all four rotors. He had good communication, quick shipping, and an excellent price.

The pads are from AutoZone - nothing special, but they stop the car just fine. In fast stops ABS engages just as quickly as before.

Total time to change rotors and pads was a few minutes under two hours.

Chris

What, Dude Thats Awsome

i race HARD (first in class) on brembos and they have held up THE BEST screw all that slotted and cross drilled stuff, i can lock up my stock brakes at will!! but i warped my stock rotors and cracked my stock pads as whell (from overheating). and all i did was buy the BREMBOS and hawk race day pads and will never go back. yeah there a littil spongy cold but with hoosher slicks all day long i have no prob braking!!! oh yeah and tire rack (shameless plug) sells them way less then replacements than the dealer does there totaly awsome!

Back