2016 CX5 Touring Emblem Removal

:
2016 CX5 - 2002 P5
I would like to remove the awd and skyactive emblems from the rear of my 2016 cx5. I have read on the forum that the skyactive can be removed using the heat and dental floss technique. Can anyone advise if this is true for the awd emblem? I am worried that the awd emblem is attached via pegs.

Thanks much!

There are non AWD CX5s, so I doubt they would make different hatch doors just for peg holes for the AWD emblem.
The Mazda emblem definitely has holes.

Recently did my '16 GT,no pegs behind the AWD emblem
attachment.php

Thank you both for the responses. Abbie Normal, I really like the photo! Clean look! My CX5 is black so I am also considering masking off the Mazda emblem and spray painting it black (rattle can). I'll post a photo when I get the awd and skyactive emblems removed.

Thanks again.

I plan on painting my logo too ,just trying to decide if I should experiment with the one on the vehicle or buy one and then swap once it's painted.

I removed the badges the day I brought home my 2016...
sprayed wd-40 on badges let soak for a few minutes and then used about 12 inches braded fishing line wrapped around two ice cream sticks ( saves you fingers ) and just "sawed" them off

Emblem Removal Tips and Tricks

I wanted to share what my experience was so maybe others can have even more info.

I soaked the emblems (awd, skyactive, cx5) with some goo gone. I then used dental floss and worked the floss through the adhesive to remove the emblems. This left a large solid mass of adhesive on the car. I then sprayed the adhesive with wd40 and tried to remove it with a cloth. The adhesive was quite strong and I ended up getting a hairdryer and heating the adhesive to remove it. This took a lot of rubbing, but I finally got every last piece of adhesive off. I washed the hatch and when it dried I noticed all the scratches. In the process of rubbing the adhesive I had scratched the paint all around the adhesive area.

Needless to say I was freaked. I went to NAPA and bought some nu scratch remover and some ice wax. I was able to buff out all of the scratches, and everything looks fine now. I just wanted to share this info as it may help someone else.(boom04)

cx5.jpg

I wanted to share what my experience was so maybe others can have even more info.

I soaked the emblems (awd, skyactive, cx5) with some goo gone. I then used dental floss and worked the floss through the adhesive to remove the emblems. This left a large solid mass of adhesive on the car. I then sprayed the adhesive with wd40 and tried to remove it with a cloth. The adhesive was quite strong and I ended up getting a hairdryer and heating the adhesive to remove it. This took a lot of rubbing, but I finally got every last piece of adhesive off. I washed the hatch and when it dried I noticed all the scratches. In the process of rubbing the adhesive I had scratched the paint all around the adhesive area.

Needless to say I was freaked. I went to NAPA and bought some nu scratch remover and some ice wax. I was able to buff out all of the scratches, and everything looks fine now. I just wanted to share this info as it may help someone else.(boom04)

The remaining adhesive is tough to get off, but I find a little heat and mineral spirits works best. Then Meguires 105 cutting compound on a pad on my drill returns it to a new finish.

Back