2016.5 CX-5 Transfer Case

jusuchin

:
2016.5 Mazda CX-5 AWD Touring
My wife and I finally landed on and pulled the trigger on our new 2016.5 CX-5 AWD Touring last week, but 2 days after bringing it home I noticed some sort of hydraulic fluid staining the garage floor (definitely smelled like hydraulic oil). Didn't drive it much in the past week and finally took it in. The fluid was gear oil from the transfer case that was leaking with only 215 miles on it (started probably just under 100... about 90 of the miles is to and from dealership). So far dealer has been good about it... but obviously not the way you want to start out with the car. Got a Mazda6 in the meantime (nice ride). This car was brand new with 5 miles on delivery. Anyone else have transfer case issues recently?

I had a small leak from the PTU after ~2 years of ownership. This was fixed under warranty by replacing the seal.
No issues since.

Update: Since the car had so few miles, Mazda wanted the transfer case sent to them to determine what happened. So the dealer installed a brand new transfer case + seal obviously. So far no issues after a couple days of use.

Back