2014 CX-5 Grand Touring - Can I use the Carplay Kit?

:
2014 CX-5 Grand Touring
I have a navigation system and can't figure out if the Carplay upgrade kit will work or not. I wanted to replace the dashboard unit and basically the audio shop said because of the navigation system it will cost $1000. They have to replace everything and ned the car for 2 days to do it.

Then he mentioned this kit that is for models 2014 and later. Since I have the "top of the line stereo" one would think it would work. but anything I see at Mazda is very vague, especially for models older that 2016.

I hate how this car works with my iPhone and am hoping this is an option. I know root cause is mostly bluetooth - so if there is an option to advance from the Bluetooth version 1 that came with the car, I'm all for it.

TIA

I have a navigation system and can't figure out if the Carplay upgrade kit will work or not. I wanted to replace the dashboard unit and basically the audio shop said because of the navigation system it will cost $1000. They have to replace everything and ned the car for 2 days to do it.

Then he mentioned this kit that is for models 2014 and later. Since I have the "top of the line stereo" one would think it would work. but anything I see at Mazda is very vague, especially for models older that 2016.

I hate how this car works with my iPhone and am hoping this is an option. I know root cause is mostly bluetooth - so if there is an option to advance from the Bluetooth version 1 that came with the car, I'm all for it.

TIA
Mazda changed infotainment system since 2016 MY to Mazda Connect. I don’t believe there’s any OEM upgrade kit available to add AA / ACP to the older infotainment system. The only option is to go entirely aftermarket infotainment system.

Mazda changed infotainment system since 2016 MY to Mazda Connect. I don’t believe there’s any OEM upgrade kit available to add AA / ACP to the older infotainment system. The only option is to go entirely aftermarket infotainment system.

16.5 models have the new Mazda Connect system and are upgradable.

Back