'18 CX-9 and Fortin Remote Car Starter...Success!

rkowens1

'17 CX-9 GT
Just signed up for this forum to say this worked great on my '17 GT save for one issue I can't figure out... When I remote start, the lift gate won't open from the key fob. It will open manually, but I'd like to be able to use the fob to open the lift gate after remote starting. Anyone else run into/resolve this issue?

V
CX9 GT
Just signed up for this forum to say this worked great on my '17 GT save for one issue I can't figure out... When I remote start, the lift gate won't open from the key fob. It will open manually, but I'd like to be able to use the fob to open the lift gate after remote starting. Anyone else run into/resolve this issue?
Mine does the same, I just checked. I will write to Fortin and see what they say, and update you.

had to cancel the appointment to have the remote start installed at the shop because the guy Is I’ll. Sucks, but reschedules for the 29th to see.
has anyone had their fort in device installed at bestbuy?

V
CX9 GT
Mine does the same, I just checked. I will write to Fortin and see what they say, and update you.
From Fortin:
Trunk open is not a feature of the module in data: https://fortin.ca/download/68271/evo-one_ig_thr_bi_maz3-cx9-cx3-mx5_pts_2014-2017_1key_a_68271.pdf
Page 1 says it does trunk status which means position of the pin switch but does not mentioned trunk open.

If you wanted the trunk to open remotely, you would need to wire in the aux output from the module, to the vehicles wire that opens the trunk. This would only work from an aftermarket remote.

Latest posts