Search results

1. P

2008 CX-9 Oil Pressure Switch

The car has an aggressive oil leak only when running behind the alternator. It's a sensor that goes into the block behind the alternator. It has a white-ish plastic wiring connector and it drips oil straight out of the back of it when the engine is warm and running. I called the dealer and...
  2. P

2008 CX-9 Nav head unit upgrade to alter model easy?

So the screen in my 2008 CX-9 has always been horrible and in reverse it is downright dangerous. Does anyone know if I can swap in a later model nav head unit (presumably with a better screen) ? Not looking for any modding, just something that will drop in and work but with a better screen.
  3. P

2008 CX-9 Rear Brake Squeal when reversing and light pedal - who has fixed this?

I found the TSB back in 2008 that addresses the issue and prescribes buying upgraded rear caliper mounts. I just placed the order at nearly $200. This squeal has been plaguing me for years. I suspect this is the silver bullet but wanted to verify if anyone else is able to vouch for this...
  4. P

2008 NAV screen upgrade?

Has anyone tried replacing the screen with a new, better screen? I imagine it can be done. The OEM screen and nav is the worst. I only use it for the rear camera but I can barley make the image out in most daytime conditions.
  5. P

New OEM side engine mount (passenger side), no threads in the top bracket hole

My original mount had a threaded hole at the top that connected a black steel bracket to the engine. My new dealer sourced, OEM Mazda mount didn't have this hole threaded so I could not install the top bracket. I didn't find any TSB's on the topic. None of the new mount photos I can find online...
  6. P

Changed two motor mounts last night

I replaced the underside and driver's side motor mounts last night. It was not a difficult job. I will be replacing the passenger side one next chance I get. One a scale from 1 to 5, five being most difficult, my opinion is the underside mount is a 1 and the passenger mount is a 4 due to the...
  7. P

Home transmission flush success

Just an update. I flushed the transmission fluid yesterday in my backyard. It was a piece of cake. Here are my notes: 1. Very easy. Easy access to the transmission cooler return hose. Disconnect from engine/trans (needle nose pliers), connect to 3/8" clear tubing (about 6' using a barbed...
  8. P

WTF is it with dealers?! OEMAutoPartz.com for the win!

I was cool to the parts guy, bought ten quarts of fluid, coolant, etc and then asked for some prices on the motor mounts. He said he was giving me a discount (the fluid was $8.80 a quart so he gave me a bit there), but the prices he quoted for the mounts were even higher than their retail...
  9. P

Going for a Load Leveling kit - keep fingers crossed

So I am pretty sure the Ford Edge and CX-9 (in my year) share platforms and engines. Detailed information is surprisingly scarce. Edited: The kit I got was WRONG.
  10. P

Which of the three motor mounts usually goes out?

At least one of mine is out and I am planning on replacing all three but maybe one is more failure prone than the others and I can start with that one. Not sure though. Any experience?
  11. P

Engine-Tran Mounts Part Numbers?

Can someone help out? I need the part numbers for all of the mounts. I think there are three mounts but am not sure. I need to replace all of them. Thanks!
  12. P

Mazda Coolant $25/gallon! What's an excellent aftermarket substitute?

Time to drain and replace the coolant. But the Mazda stuff seems outrageously priced. I will pay $75 in coolant. I just don't trust all brands but don't know what's good. What do you recommend?
  13. P

Which motor mount tends to fail more often?

Got a varying idle drivetrain shake/roughness that at 115K miles I am pretty sure it is a mount. Are any one of the mounts/restraints more likely / more common to fail than the others? Just doing some homework before I get under there. Thx.
  14. P

Is there traffic for the 2008 Nav?

If there is, I can't find it.
  15. P

Scheduled Maintenance - Bolt Tightening?

Which bolts? How tight?
  16. P

Most Useless Feature

(braindead This has been bugging me for so long thought I would give 120 seconds and type it in. The tilt position for the Nav screen in my 2008. Seems that I can move it from fully down and lots of glare, upwards to more horizaontal, with even more glare, in increments for some reason. Why...
  17. P

Wind noise during high crosswinds, doors actually pull open slightly. Problem?

Took the 08 GT on a road trip with high cross winds one day. When the crosswind would blow hard enough for me to feel it driving, the driver and/or passenger door, at the very top, rear would pull away enough to become very noisy for a few moments. Is this typical or is an adjustment needed...
  18. P

Nivomats for CX-9?

I really like the Nivomat shock leveling system approach but no luck for the CX-9. Anyone know of load leveling options for these cars?
  19. P

Duplicating Keys

In my 08 GT I have the smart keys or whatever they are called. I needed a mechanical spare so I popped out the metal key and had it duplicated at a shop. It will start the car and LOCK the driver door but it will not UNLOCK the drivers door. There are some differences along the side of the...
  20. P

what offest hitch mount and ball size for aftermarket receiver?

Curious to know what is used by members here. I have an aftermarket 2" receiver and need to get the ball mount and ball for it. I have heard 18" above the roadway and a 2" ball is the most applicable.
Back