Search results

1. S

Stripped stud on rear motor mount?

I replaced my rear motor mount this weekend, and somehow the ends of one of the studs - the driver's side rear stud - got stripped/bungled (I don't even know how, the nut looked fine when I took it off). Anyways, I cannot seem to get a new nut started on the stud - every time it feels like it's...
  2. S

Can turning the upper strut mounts affect toe?

Took my car for an alignment this afternoon after installing new struts...$170! Toe was too negative in all four corners, which was fine, but camber and caster were spot on. Still, they charged me an extra $75 to remove the front right strut and rotate the upper strut mount for unknown reasons...
  3. S

WTB: Dark green Protege sedan trunk lid

I'm looking for a trunk lid for my 2001 Protege LX 2.0 sedan. The color I am looking for is the dark green (Emerald Mica), color code 18J. PM me with a quote shipped to 50014 if you've got one in good condition (i.e., no major scratches, dents, or rust).
  4. S

FS: ECU, 2001 Protege LX 2.0, Auto Tranny

I have a used engine computer from a 2001 Mazda Protege LX 2.0 with 103,000 miles. This car has an auto tranny, and the computer worked fine up until it was removed. I'm asking $40 plus shipping, paid via PayPal. PM me for Paypal instructions.
  5. S

FS: 4-lug Protege wheels & tires

Up for sale is a set of 15" 4-lug Protege wheels/tires that I bought for a project that I never got around to. They're not in terrible shape, but the guy I got them from did a crappy repaint job, and there's bits of paint flecking off in places. The tires are 2 Yokohama Avids, and 2 generic...
  6. S

WTB: Warmup cat, dipsticks, undercar plastic panels

Hey guys, I'm looking for the following parts: - Dipsticks (oil and transmission fluid) - Plastic body panels for underneath the car. I need the transmission side panel the most, but I'm looking for either. Note that I am not talking about the fender well pieces. - Warmup cat. I need the one...
  7. S

Tappet Shim Replacements?

Anyone replaced the tappet shims on their P5 without removing the camshaft? I have 2 that are out of spec (120k miles), and none of the current threads that I have been able to find on here are particularly helpful. There's no where to find the required SST, so I was wondering if anyone has...
  8. S

WTB: Radio & Speakers for 01-03 Protege

Hey guys, I am looking for a green-lit radio from the 3rd Gen Protege. The LCD must be fully functional, as I need to replace mine because the display is starting to cut out. I am also looking for the passenger side rear deck speaker, and the passenger side rear lower speaker of you have it...
  9. S

Loving the Goodyear Gatorback belts

I installed new serpentine belts from Gates on my car a few months ago, and ever since then I've been having to constantly adjust them because they made lots of noise - everything from squeals to moans (that's what she said ;)) I finally bit the bullet and ordered some Goodyear Gatorback belts...
  10. S

Anyone else get vibes from their engine when the A/C is on with stock mounts?

I replaced all my motor mounts with stock ones about a year ago because they were torn. Ever since I got the car, I'll get serious vibes (especially through the steering wheel) when I turn the A/C on in my car. It cools fine and doesn't make any noise, so I'm not so certain that there's a...
  11. S

Has anyone seen this guy's build?

I stumbled across this link tonight: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-92259.html I don't know who this guy is, but he's got one of the sickest builds on a P5 that I've ever seen.
  12. S

Front Motor Mount Sagging

Hey all, I've been trying to diagnose a bad vibration in my engine at idle. Tonight I was underneath my car, looking around, and I noticed that my front motor mount is sagging quite a bit almost to the point where the middle rubber piece is almost touching the bottom of the mount. I have...
  13. S

Bumper paint cracking

So here's the deal: About two years ago, a buddy of mine (who does professional work restoring cars) was going to paint my bumper because it was covered with scratches. Unfortunately, circumstances came up and he was unable to do it. So he gave the paint to a buddy who owns a body shop, and he...
  14. S

at least the Haltech Forums are still up!

what's with all these empty threads? If the mods deleted the posts, why didn't they delete the threads?
  15. S

Quick question about the steering knuckle

So last week I found out that my right front wheel bearing was bad again, after having replaced it only a year ago. I chalked it up to bad luck, and bought the materials to do the job again. I have my own press, so that wasn't an issue. The bearing went in perfectly, and nothing was seized or...
  16. S

WTB: 99-03 sedan wiper switch

I'm looking to buy the OEM wiper switch for the 99-03 Protege sedan. I'm not looking to spend more than $20 or so, so please let me know what you have. Thanks
  17. S

Anyone ever have their power steering leak?

I noticed that I've been losing power steering fluid lately, and there are two wet spots on my hoses that have me suspicious: 1: Where the low pressure hose comes in to the bottom of the P/S reservoir. 2: The high pressure crimp fitting just above the P/S pressure switch at the front. The...
  18. S

Alternator going bad?

So I've noticed that over the last few weeks, my headlights have been dimming periodically while I drive. The dimming is not very noticeable, but it is noticeable enough to bother me. I finally plugged in a voltage tester while driving tonight, and saw that my alternator voltage was dropping...
  19. S

Front wiper "intermittent speed" no longer works

So outta the blue, the "intermittent" speed on my front wipers no longer works - the wiper blades just sit there. Also, when I pull the wiper stalk back to spray fluid, the wipers do not go back and forth automatically like they use to. The fluid still sprays, and the lo and hi settings still...
  20. S

FS: 'couple of random stock Protege/Protege5 parts

Hey guys, I have the following items for sale: - EGR valve (this is the revised US version w/ 50k miles and never gummed up on me): $25 shipped - Front O2 sensor (only 5k miles on this): $45 shipped - Intake boot (the top plastic hose fitting is broken, but you can swap out the one from your...
Back