Search results

1. P

Please Help

Hello AllI just changed my car battery but now my car wont start. Everything electrical works, just when I turn the key, nothing happens. Is there anything that needs to be reset or what not? Also, I took my old battery off and the car was just sitting there for about 8 hours without a car...
  2. P

Stock Wheels

How many different sets of wheels did the P5 come with???? 3 or 4?? And which ones did you like the best??
  3. P

Oil Filter Spring

This may be a stupid question but, what does the spring in oil filters do? Im not sure if it's just Mobil1 filters or all filters (for Protege5) that have it, I just would like to know what it does..... On that note, the 626 oil filter also has a spring which looks as if when you put it on your...
  4. P

Clutch Chatter

Is this a known thing with Mazda now about the clutch chatter when cold or will I have to make an appointment and have them check it out and all that other crap? I wouldnt be able to drop it off in the morning cause I only have one car...... any answers?
  5. P

Terrible Engine Noise

I know I've posted this at least 3 times but haven't gotten much response in the past so.... does ANYONES Protege5's make a horrible tapping noise, so loud it sounds like a diesel??? I'm not positive if its a tapping, knocking, whatever but it just sounds like s***.... I park in a car port with...
  6. P

Question W/ Roof Rack

I'm interseted in taking off the roof rack but am not sure how to do it.... not the entire thing just the bars that cross over the car.... how do you do it??
  7. P

Anyone in AR?

Just wondering if anyone here lived in Arkansas??? Maybe even the Little Rock area??? I've seen a couple P5's on the road here so...... Well, if there's anyone out there just write back I guess..... O ya, whats the deal with this Royal Purple oil stuff!?!?!?
  8. P

Bosch Platinum 4

I recently replaced my stock sparkplugs with the platinum 4 by bosch. I read and heard about these sparkplugs causing problems in some cars, particularly n/a vehicles. Does anyone have any info on this? Also, if anyone reading this also made the switch please tell me if you've experienced any...
  9. P

Injen CAI

I am looking to purchase a cold air intake for my '02 Protege5 but am looking to get the best price (go figure). If any of you who have one could tell me where you got your and how much you paid it would be much appreciated. Also interested in getting an exhaust (cat back) but already put an...
Back