Search results

1. H

What is the Best iPod/iPhone integration Module?

I have had good luck with the Audiolink. I also have it cabled to Dice dock mounted on a KudaUSA mount.
  2. H

MPG Avg for 2,614 Mi.

I think it is the build week of the car. Mine is an earlier serial number (October 2006). Maybe some of the newer ones have revisions to the engine build.
  3. H

MPG Avg for 2,614 Mi.

I was getting about 14 up to about 4000 miles. Now that mine has 8000 miles, mileage is much better at about 19. Still seems odd that it needs so many miles to break in.
  4. H

Rims and tires - opinions

Actually, I put off the purchase a bit. I invested in another endeavor for the time being. I will probably revisit next spring since winter is just around the corner, anyway.
  5. H

DVD Entertainment options for the CX-7

I settled on the headrest solution.
  6. H

Feeling Unsafe Now.....

I found that if you go from idle to WOT, the car will hesitate before accelerating. I ran into this when I tried to cross a busy road. Not a fun situation. Since that experience, I tried some tests off road and found that a quick hit to 1/2 throttle then to the floor produced the best...
  7. H

Launching AWD

I recall, back in the day, the AWD guys would launch their cars at the track while the car was dog tracked (not perfectly straight, but a little to the side). They claimed it got them out of the "hole" a lot better and improved 60 foot times. It also generated a little torque steer and...
  8. H

Out to door cost?

Well, that is one killer deal !
  9. H

"Unsafe" tires at 15K

Yes, I checked there too and it was difficult to find anything. The list there did not seem complete.
  10. H

Checking out

Nice house :)
  11. H

Out to door cost?

Well, as far as I know, the rebates were a national incentive program in the month of March. The autoshow bonus was a local one. Check your paperwork, since they cannot legally hide any rebates. There will be some type of notation on the finance agreement somewhere.
  12. H

Out to door cost?

I was at my dealership last night, and the sales guy who sold me mine said they were moving a lot of them thanks to the aggressive pricing. Seems the number one trade-in was the Tahoe.
  13. H

"Unsafe" tires at 15K

Are you sure about that? The BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW NT is available in 255-55-18 sizing. http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findTireDetail.do?rcz=55378&rc=MNMINT&c=1&cf=false&cs=255&pc=38474&rd=18&ar=55&ct=&rf=true...
  14. H

Turbo boost ????

15.6 is the actual Mazda DISI MZR spec, but not actual net. Best I have seen is around 14.8 effective in the engine logs for the CX-7. The CPE tune will be about 1 PSI higher to net 16 psi. I have seen a few dyno runs on MSP3 and 6's and they peak boost initially to 18 or 19 PSI for a bit then...
  15. H

Checking out

Everyone has a certain taste, and I think Mikey1981 has more similar tastes than different. Heck, he picked up the Mazda CX-7 first. But, after a few too many issues, the only taste he had left was a sour one for Mazda. Can't blame him for that. There have been quite a few issues with the CX-7...
  16. H

Rust from Hub

I had that as well. Just on the front, however. I am going to take off my wheels, scrub down the rotors assembly and paint hub areas.
  17. H

Throttle Body Coolant Bypass...

I did the bypass on my 87 Mustang GT. A little engine tuning, exhaust and a good rear gear net 13.5 sec quarter miles. Every little bit counts !
  18. H

Turbo boost ????

14.6 to 14.8 PSI net. The CPE pug and play tune will be 16 PSI net.
  19. H

Heated Mirrors in the GT

If you trigger the rear window defroster, it is part of the loop.
  20. H

"Unsafe" tires at 15K

Contact patch will change based on tire size, vehicle weight and tire to rim width (too wide a tire on a rim forces the lateral belts to round). A wider tire will have shorter, wider contact patch than the stock tire. The square area of contact may be close to the same however. One important...
Back