Search results

1. C

Is Mazda's upcoming CX-30 on your shopping list?

My lease on my "other" car runs out in a few months. Considering Mazda-3 or CX-30. It will depend on 3 variables, compared to the others on my short-list. 1) Total Cost of Lease (Money @ Signing + Total of monthly payments + Disposition Fee) 2) Gas Mileage (compared to others on my short...
  2. C

Four Goodyear Assurance ComfortTread Tires

Four Goodyear Assurance ComfortTread 225/65R17 Tires, $100 for all 4. Great All-Weather tires, still have approx 7/32 left on them, see images. Must be able to pick up in Kent, Ohio.
  3. C

Recommended Mazda CX-5 battery?

What is the Cold Cranking Amps and Reserve Capacity of the Original for my 2015 CX-5 Touring?? I want to make sure the new battery is at least as good, preferably a little stronger than OEM.
  4. C

Thoughts on Replacing Brake Fluid every 24K per Maint Schedule??

Brake Fluid has a "R" at every 24K miles.
  5. C

Thoughts on Replacing Brake Fluid every 24K per Maint Schedule??

In the past I've ran cars well over 200,000 miles and don't replace the brake fluid, unless there's an apparent reason. My CX-5 Maint Schedule recommends replacing brake fluid every 24K, that seems a bit too often. I know these new cars use brakes for much more than earlier models, so, maybe...
  6. C

FOB stops working after going in and out of range several times

Yes, I tried that, it didn't work. It took just trying different combinations of hitting the brake, hitting the starter, hitting the lock or unlock on the FOB. I don't know what actually makes it start working. I haven't noticed anything consistent yet.
  7. C

Yes, I did swap the battery once, when the initial battery did die. That was maybe a month ago. The battery in the FOB now is less than 2 months old, so, no way should it be dead already. The first FOB battery lasted almost 3 years before it died.
  8. C

To be on the safe side, in case it is some weird battery drain of the FOB, I put a new CR2025 inside the car. So, if it actually ends up with a completely dead FOB, at least I can put a new battery. It might keep my from getting stuck somewhere :-) But, so far, it doesn't seem to be a dead...
  9. C

Haven't asked the dealer yet. I don't know that I have specific and repeatable scenario enough to ask them about it. Thought I'd ping you all here first....
  10. C

When it first started doing this, I almost thought it was a security thing of some sort. That if the car see's the FOB come in and out of range multiple times in a short amount of time, that maybe it interprets that as it's trying to be hacked, so, it shuts down for awhile. Now, I just think...
  11. C

Yes, I think I tried both FOBs when it's being weird and it won't unlock the door or start until I've messed with it for awhile. Then once it "wakes up" and starts, then it's fine.
  12. C

It only does it's weirdness after the FOB has been in close range for an extended amount of time. When I come up to it fresh, it always works fine.
  13. C

Fuel Economy

My normal mostly highway driving, I get 30 to 31.5/mpg. If I do a lot of running around town, more stop and starts, it might drop to 28 / 29mpg. So, overall I'm pretty happy with the mileage I'm getting.
  14. C

The FOB battery did actually die completely a month or so ago, so, it's got a brand new CR2025 in it. It had this behavior with the old battery, and still apparently has the same behavior with the new FOB battery.
  15. C

Carplay and Android Auto coming soon? Crossing fingers...

My infotainment center hasn't worked quite right since the day I bought it May of 2014, wish Android Auto could be updated to it, because it's the worse part of the vehicle to date. I know I can do Android Auto through my phone and dock my phone, but, I'd prefer the build-in-dash to work.
  16. C

OK, I did my search and found many posts of people having similar issues, but, none with a clear resolution. As near as I can tell, if my FOB is in and out of range of my CX-5 several times between being used to actually lock or unlock, then the FOB stops working, as if it's battery is dead...
  17. C

Has anyone tried a Python Remote Start, especially the: Python-4115p ??

Has anyone tried a Python Remote Start, especially the: Python-4115p ??
  18. C

what are ways to make CX-5 ride softer?

This was going to be my suggestion, as well...
  19. C

How is your paint holding up?

I have one little nick I put in the bumper from gragging something rough out of the back, and it took out this small nick. I ordered the genuine Mazda touch-up, and it did good enough, if you didn't know it was there, you'r probably not notice it. (Soul Red), other than that, no other...
Back