Search results

1. P

Think my P5 just died

Was driving home from work today and all of a sudden I started hearing what sounded like a piston head bouncing around inside the engine. I could actually feel the knocking in the gas pedal and shifter. Rod knock has been suggested but I won't know until the shop has a chance to look at it...
  2. P

Rattling after installing SRI

found a pretty decent deal on an e-bay SRI (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03-04-05-MAZDA-PROTEGE-MP5-MP3-SHORT-AIR-INTAKE-KIT_W0QQitemZ8044798034QQcategoryZ38634QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) Install went smooth, no problems there, so seems like a pretty good find for $35 shipped...
  3. P

Just got back from...

Hawaii, (Kaua'i specifically), and I gotta say, that place is P5 heaven. I saw more P5's there in a week than I saw on the mainland in the last year. Can't think of a more beautiful place to have one either.
  4. P

Sooty exaust?

The last month or two Ive been noticing that my exaust tip has been collecting a bit of black soot... Didn't think much about it (did switch gas though), until about a week after I put the MS axleback on it, I already need to clean it because of the soot. Kinda had me concerned, because if...
  5. P

Silver P5 @ The Planet

I was up at The Planet datacenter across from the AAC for my 1st day at work. Was walking out to my car and low and behold, there's a Silver P5 about 5 spots in from me on the same row. Two things that stuck out was it didn't have a rack, and it had DFW Proteges stickers in the very back...
  6. P

Dealership/Warranty question for DFW area P5 owners.

A re-occuring theme Ive seen on here is people complaining about dealerships not wanting to cover service due to mods or claims of "abuse/misuse". I was wondering if any of the Dallas area P5 owners have had issues with any of the dealerships in the area. I bought my car from Freeman in...
  7. P

Mirror problems...

I just bought a mostly new P5 Saturday (used with less than 10k miles) and I absolutely love it. Just one problem though... it has the electronic mirror with auto-dim, compass and what not, but it doesn't seem to be getting power. Ive been looking all night for some install guide, or anything...
Back