Search results

1. S

Carbon vinyl wrap on head unit trim

Haven't done anything on the car for a while. Got some carbon fiber vinyl left over and decided to apply it on the plastic trim around the screen. It is very hard to do because this material (VViViD) is much thicker than the 3M 1080p but their carbon fiber has a gloss coating on top to make look...
  2. S

Power Tailgate on CX-5

We love our family's 13' CX-5 Touring. The only complain I would have is it was not offered with power tailgate. Power tailgate is not normally an option for entry level crossovers (although it is available to some loaded entry level crossover such as Rav4 now). So I have been seeing people in...
  3. S

Tapping Noise in engine bay?

Our 2013 Cx-5 Touring has 25,000 miles. One MAF sensor failed and dealer replaced before out of warranty. Lately, I heard a very weird tapping noise that sounds like a loosen hardness hitting metal sound from the front lower part of engine. I cannot really duplicate the noise other than it...
  4. S

Outside Temp Reading keeps going back to F (fahrenheit)

I followed the user manual procedure to switch the gauge to read celsius. It reads celsius fine when it is on. Then I switch it off and wait about 10 mins, start the engine again, the gauge reads fahrenheit. I repeated the step to set it at celsius again, but it went back to fahrenheit afterward...
  5. S

Made my own mud guard (sort of)

Saw the euro CX-5 has a similar add-on, but don't want to bother to buy it and ship it here. Therefore, I decided to make my own. I also did the rear bumper and trunk. Tried to keep it at minimal, hope you guys like it!
  6. S

My mods on the CX-5, vinyl wrapping

I have seen those vinyl wrapping in corvette and bimmer forums, really likes it and wonder if they will hold up in the heat. Ordered a little bit and tried it on myself. Realize the rear doors don't come with the aluminium trim like the front doors. The rear door with the wrapped trim...
  7. S

Dealer/Service recommendation in LA area?

I plan to take my CX-5 for fixing the hood vibration and mirror vibration per Mazda's official TSB udner warranty. I usually just maintain the car myself, I hate dealers because I feel like they will make something wrong so that I have to take it in for service or fixing the next time because...
  8. S

How to remove the door trim piece off?

I plan to remove this long plastic piece next to the window switch. Anyone has any ideas how to remove it? I went through the auto body manual, it only talks about how to remove the whole door card, or may be i missed something. Any one have any idea before I break anything, thanks!
  9. S

The best add on styling for CX-5 (by far)

http://www.kenstyle.co.jp/blog/index.php?catid=23 I think most of their styles fit ok to our car. someone should try to import these to the states. You guys like it?
  10. S

Fog Light Trim Idea

I was hoping someone will make a little metal trim that goes around the fog light plastic trim just looks like the new mistu outlander, compare to our concept car, then it will look very good. But please not the chinese cheap whole piece silver trim the are currently selling on ebay, that's too...
  11. S

Installed Morimoto Elite HID (non-xenon pkg)

I know a lot of people don't like aftermarket HIDs. I totally agree that the correct way is to do a projector retrofit. There are all sorts of things people put in their car in socal here, purple blue green HID in halogen reflector housing, red blue green CCFL angel eye etc. The kit I got was...
  12. S

Say Hi to the forum, Our Zeal Red Touring and little buying story

Hi all, here is our Zeal Red Touring with Moonroof Package. It is my wife's car and we originally was planning to get a forester which ended up with this for much better handling, gas mileage and interior. Power was a concern at the begining, but for 26 mpg, I told my wife to just floor the...
Back