Recent content by Poco Askew

1. P

Edit "Home" location on 2014 Mazda3 NAV?

Thanks! That works. Not exactly the ideal solution, but glad to be able to change it.
  2. P

Edit "Home" location on 2014 Mazda3 NAV?

I can edit/delete any other location, but not the "Home" location. Seems like a dumb question but I've gone through the manual and poked around on the NAV options. Anyone been able to do it? I like almost everything about this car, but the infotainment system is pretty awful.
  3. P

great car this + my opinion on the competion

After all manual transmission cars for 4 decades, I prefer a good automatic every time now. I'm not racing and the stop and go gets old after a while. Not to mention better mileage in most cases (and a happy wife).
  4. P

XM Satellite Radio

^ same here ^
  5. P

Brrrr! How are people keeping their feet warm in a 2014 Mazda 3?

No problem here but not as cold. We were around 20 degrees. Did you have the heater set to "feet"? I do find the 3 a little slower to warm up than our other cars. The heater doesn't do much for the first 5 minutes, or so. Cold feet is not at all an issue for me.
  6. P

Infotainment System Bugs

The "problems" are more of an annoyance than anything else. I haven't bothered to get mine updated - just not that big a deal.
  7. P

Air Conditioning standard in which models?

All have it. the i Sport and i Touring are basic A/C. the upper end models have dual-zone automatic climate control (at least in the USA).
  8. P

Mrs Fields cookies from Mazda for Christmas!

(headshake Suddenly I don't feel so special.
  9. P

Water in hatch video

Not a M3, but my previous car (Dodge Magnum) had the same issue. I had that car for 6 years. The hatch collected water worse than the M3 hatch. It never caused any problems to the car. Occasionally the door would drip on the carpet or something in the back of the car, but that was minor and...
  10. P

Infotainment System Bugs

I haven't done the update yet but was told it would take about an hour and that it won't fix my primary issue. I'm going to wait till they've done a few more, hopefully released another update, and I'm in for an oil change or something anyway.
  11. P

Gas Milage.

That's exactly my experience. With quite a bit of short trips in this cold weather, I'm lucky to break 24mpg. A long cruze on the highway and it goes up to 37mpg+.
  12. P

Gas Milage.

You might want to check out this thread.
  13. P

Oil change is $75 and every 10k?

They are $49 at my local dealership and they do a hand car wash. Synth oil is $5+/qt. + the cost of the filter, DIY is probably $30 - $35. The thrill of changing and disposing of oil is gone for me.
  14. P

Test drive - "THUD" sound when steering wheel is turned to either side

I've enver heard a sound like that but I don't lock the turning much at all. I'll check it out and report back, but that doesn't sound "normal".
  15. P

Seen any other '14 3's on the road?

Not a one (???).
Back