Recent content by jdecar

1. J

Part Out: CorkSport Intake, TIP, CS mudflaps, Dashhawk, CPE mount, TWM STS, Cobb Knob

pic of the intake shroud installed? any chance of that working with the cobb sri?
  2. J

Cut new key - where at?

when i bought my car it only came with one key, but i have the original tag/code for the key that you are referring to. however, from what i remembered reading a while back when i was looking into getting a second key for my car, if you only had one key you were pretty much out of luck and would...
  3. J

New MS3 GT from Tampa, FL

looks like its a really clean car. i bought my 07 ms3 sport last year and have been enjoying it since. its black mica as well.
  4. J

new hood

i am well aware that the hood wont fit without modification, and i am more than capable of doing the modification needed. i know that dg makes a hood for the gen1, but i have yet to actually see the hood in person and im on the fence about it.
  5. J

new hood

if you change out your speed3 hood and are looking to sell it, i would be interested. located in fl
  6. J

Driver side window wont roll down

you could possibly try to test the regulator by taking the door panel off, unhooking the switch from it, and applying power to it (effectively bypassing the switch/taking it out of the equation), or if you know someone else who has a mazda3, ask to borrow their master panel to test yours. its...
  7. J

gen 2 hood on gen 1? possible? need help please.

you would transfer your existing underhood components to the dgm hood. but it you are saying it isnt cheap, you havent considered the 2010+ hood swap price either. 2010+ hood is ~$300, and the scoop for it is ~$450, so just for those two components you are around the $700-750 range (dgm hood is...
  8. J

Symptoms of failing stock BPV or leaking seal around BPV?

i have experienced the highway driving/accelerating to pass issue you mention a few times, mainly if you just step on the gas and the rpm's are in the lower range, only in 6th tho. i have found that either easing into the pedal to bring up the rpm's, or downshifting doesn't cause the issue.
  9. J

Got something interesting in the mail today

i got the letter yesterday informing me about the extension for both the vvt noice and the exhaust smoke. however, im just over 70k as well
  10. J

Mazdaspeed3 warranty extension program (special service program 87, and ssp 86)

Anyone else get this letter in the mail yet? I just got it yesterday saying they are extending the warranty coverage for the specific repair of the vvt noise/timing chain noise concern on vehicles (cx7, mazdaspeed3, and mazdaspeed6) warranty coverage for specific repair is extended to 7 years...
  11. J

HELP !!! Oil Cooler / Spin On Oil Filter Conversion = $420 Seal !!

just buy the seal for $5 to $15 dollars and do it yourself. you can order the oil cooler seal on ebay for $15, or just call your local mazda dealer and get it ordered for about $5 (plus $2.50 for overnight shipping if needed) i just had to do it the other day for mine as apparently i tore the...
  12. J

Looking for OEM Mazdaspeed 3 Rims 18"

i have a set from my 07 ms3 (i thought the 07-09 ms3 rims were all the same) with tires, without tpms. im over in tampa fl.
  13. J

WTB: 2010+ ms3 hood (clean or damaged)

replied to your pm
  14. J

WTB: 2010+ ms3 hood (clean or damaged)

looking for a 2010+ ms3 hood (clean or damaged) for use for a project for my 07 ms3. obviously color doesnt matter, damaged is ok as long as the scoop section is good or repairable. im aware of the dgmotorsports hood, but would rather have a steel hood. located in tampa, fl
  15. J

Cat Scratch Fever

the squirt bottle tactic will most likely help, but just make sure you are careful when you spray it because if you spray the cat with it while it is on the car, chances are you will end up with more scratches as it tries to get away in a hurry
Back