Recent content by charlietuna

1. C

greddy sp2 and AEM cold air intake

i already have a full interior overhaul done as i started with a competition stereo setup for IASCA. now i am looking to build on the engine and suspension, any suggestions? i am going to go with a three pod a pillar though. i have carbon fibered the whole interior and want to get custom...
  2. C

thanks for the help. i have ordered the apex blow off valve kit from apexr1.com and am ordering the AEM intake. i am going to go with the 1 high flow cat downpipe, as it is illegal in Mass to run a catless system. after this what do you think would be the best upgrade to do for...
  3. C

What do you mean SRI? i am new on this site and don't know all the lingo yet. i understood the rest. what company did you go with on the downpipe. os there 1 or 2 cats after it? also, what company flashed your ecu?
  4. C

What do you mean SRI? i am new on this site and don't know all the lingo yet. i understood the rest. what company did you go with on the downpipe. os there 1 or 2 cats after it?
  5. C

After you added the exhaust and the intake, did you notice big power gains?
  6. C

injen? A lot of people posting have the injen intake setup. is this better than the AEM setup? i only decided to go with AEM because of the BLUE model color. Injen only comes in black and polished, and my car is blue.
  7. C

the dilling was just through an aluminum plate?
  8. C

i will check it out. thanks. i have found the best price so far at apexr1.com they have it for 466 shipped. i have not checked the site you said though, i will now. i look at racezero.com and could not find anything for mazdaspeed protege. how much was the exhaust you bought? was it cat-back?
  9. C

did you do the install on the intake yourself? if you did, was there any custom fabricating to do?
  10. C

Could anyone let me know if they have either of, or both of these items on their Mazdaspeed Protege? if so, what is good or bad about either or both? Any help would be greatly appreciated...
  11. C

bottoming out

what ever it is it should be under warranty, so i would just bring it in and have it looked at. that will solve your issue. although if they do tell you that you need new shocks in the rear, don't let them replace them with stock shocks. believe me they will try to use that junk. you are...
  12. C

bottoming out

you may not be bottoming out, rather could be the rear bushings gone. it is a common problem on the MSP. i had to have mine replaced twice now and i only have 20,000 miles on my 03.5 speed.
  13. C

suspension help...

pictures of my car The pictures of the custom box are posted on auraglowphoto.com. Click on the tweeter car show link in the top right of the home page and my pics are the first row of three. First (left picture) is the picture of the inside of the trunk, and the second (middle picture) is...
  14. C

Groaning from rear suspension! Anyone else?

i have had my rear valence repaired three times now. the mechanic at the Mazda dealer said it is not ever going to stay in place. it is an issue every speed owner will have at some point. they made the rear valence a little too large and it is bending away from the bumper.
  15. C

suspension help...

I have had a custom fiberglass speaker box built into the trunk of my 03.5 speed Protege, and the rear sits way too low compared to the front now because of the added 200+ lb. I was looking for a type of shock or spring that would fix this without buying full coilovers for 1200$. Any help...
Back