Recent content by avidien

1. A

Door Mirror

here you go kornholio , no door panel removal required, this is a very simple fix, just that small triangular plastic trim pops out.... skip to 11:40 mark....
  2. A

2016 CX9 Owners Thread

understood, but I mean with nothing connected still go into "COMMUNICATIONS" and under "TEXT" and "EMAIL" delete the text messages and e-mails that are still there local to the infotainment database / memory to make more memory space
  3. A

2016 CX9 Owners Thread

Just a thought guys, maybe try deleting some text messages or emails? To make room for the infotainment internal memory? I know on my old CX9 it stopped loading text messages once the miniscule internal memory was full, on the old CX9, once I deleted the text messages from my phone and when it...
  4. A

Rear end vibration still.

nope, stupid emissions monitors still won't set, I think the PCM computer is messed up, now I have to leave it in my driveway so I don't get a ticket, using a relative's car in the meantime I'm not going to pay any more money to fix, I've had enough of the constant PTU oil changes, jerking...
  5. A

yep, I disconnected and resetted all the monitors, only getting the following data : mass airflow, short term fuel trim data, coolant temp. I can't get evap, O2 sensors, heated O2 , fuel, catalytic sensors to set ?
  6. A

They say keep driving , need to complete the drive cycles, I kept following this, and let me tell you it's not easy when there's traffic ! these drive cycles are so stupid, it's actually dangerous.... I'm out of town 8/30 to 8/31, so I got to get it right tomorrow otherwise I have to park...
  7. A

Based on your post, I just checked mine in the garage and sure enough my U-joint is shot also, I believe this is the cause of the rear vibrations I've been feeling during acceleration and deceleration for the psst month, I thought it was my catalytic going bad. BUT I've got it worse than...
  8. A

anyone know where and which fuse is for 2012 CX-9 ECU, failed emissions,

this is not good guys, I failed emissions too !! this sucks, need to get this to pass in two days or my inspections sticker expires, no check engine light or anything, just failed for monitors not ready, engine has been running rough during heavy acceleration, I can feel the whole...
  9. A

Good Transfer Case Story.....Giving some love to Germain Mazda in Columbus, OH

I was skeptical that the dealer can take out the whole PTU for only $135, I just lifted up my CX-9 and checked, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE for this job to be only $135 see picture below, the PTU is shoe-horned in very tight, to get it out you need to remove the whole exhaust pipe network AND the...
  10. A

Smell of cat pee when turning on the hvac

yep, ridiculously small capacity for the size of the Cx-9!! only 1/2 liter!! I'm at ~ 110,000 miles now with no problems ever, I think even 20K is pushing it, I just change PTU oil every time I change my engine oil ~6500 miles below is straight out of the owner's manual, I'm really...
  11. A

2010 CX-9 cabin air blower motor options

I think most owners buy the one from Amazon , one of the reviewers confirmed it fits the CX-9 https://www.amazon.com/Four-Seasons-Trumark-75817-Blower/dp/B0031GT3IK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471366873&sr=8-1&keywords=cx-9+blower 5.0 out of 5 starsFits 2010 Mazda CX-9 By David Hamilton on January...
  12. A

2012 CX-9 Gear Shift light Replacement

What a coincidence, my gear shift light just went out two days ago, this is the exact bulb replacement you need, I bought off ebay, http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=261822059974&alt=web I followed the video on YouTube to get to the light bulb Hopes this helps....
  13. A

2007~2015 Changing CX-9 transfer case gear oil (photos)

Excellent video!! kulkarnipb , that's exactly how I change mine every time I change my engine oil ~every 6000 miles, I change the transfer case oil also, now over 100,000 odometer miles, still on my original OEM transfer case with no issues/leaks. Since you've changed for the first time...
  14. A

Sloshing noise near glove compartment?

It develops over time especially during fall season, I think it must be the trees from my work parking lot and all the dried leaves and crap that gets into the vents at the windshield base. It's a very common problem with the CX-9, if you search this forum, you'll see at least 5 different...
  15. A

Sloshing noise near glove compartment?

you have a clogged drain, you need to unclog it asap, otherwise your passenger side carpet will start getting wet and mold/mildew will set in see videos below how to unclog the drain, the drain hole is underneath near the driver side seat by the heat shield, you need to bend the heat...
Back