What have you done to your CX-5 today?

All the more for me to leave my dash cam in parking mode. Not that it will show my car being over filled.

And now I'm scared. I still have another 2500 miles until my first oil change.

What are you scared of?

What are you scared of?
I guess the dealer/shop messing up the first oil change. I know I can remove the fear by doing oil changes myself, but I do not have the wherewithal to do so.

And the fact I owned a Ford makes me rather paranoid.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

I guess the dealer/shop messing up the first oil change. I know I can remove the fear by doing oil changes myself, but I do not have the wherewithal to do so.

No need to be scared. Not all dealerships are the same. But it is important to remember what another user once said (I think it was @PTguy?):

"You get what you inspect, not what you expect."

When you get the car back, check the invoice to make sure they used the correct oil and filter. Check the amount filled, and check the dipstick. Make sure they've topped up any low fluids. And if they did any additional work, check to make sure the work was done (like a tire rotation or a bulb replacement).

All the more for me to leave my dash cam in parking mode. Not that it will show my car being over filled.

And now I'm scared. I still have another 2500 miles until my first oil change.
I would recommend doing it sooner than that. You have silicone from engine assembly and metals from break-in that are best to get out of the oil because they can cause more wear. Not to mention fuel dilution from new rings letting fuel by, reducing your oil's viscosity. That will improve over time but fresh oil is the best oil.

I did mine at 1,200 miles and I put in a Fumoto valve so it's easier next time.

I would recommend doing it sooner than that. You have silicone from engine assembly and metals from break-in that are best to get out of the oil because they can cause more wear. Not to mention fuel dilution from new rings letting fuel by, reducing your oil's viscosity. That will improve over time but fresh oil is the best oil.

I did mine at 1,200 miles and I put in a Fumoto valve so it's easier next time.

I would suggest doing some reading on the oil analysis thread and make up your own mind as to when the oil should be changed.

I would suggest doing some reading on the oil analysis thread and make up your own mind as to when the oil should be changed.

Yup, done plenty of reading and listening to experts. Even submitted my own oil for analysis. Changed it at 1200 miles to put better, clean oil in.

spoke too soon. checked the oil level and they overfilled it by about a quart. looked at the invoice and sure enough it said changed filter and filled with 6 qts of oil. i tried to get ahold of the service writer but they never called me back. bone heads.....
so just a follow up. I texted the service department and left a message and last night I got a call from the service manager. he asked me to bring my car in asap. This morning I brought it in and he went was pretty impressive. He went and brought 3 of the techs out to my car popped the hood and had one of them check the dipstick. He then asked the tech if he felt it was overfilled at which the tech said yes it appeared that it was. he then told them to change the oil again and put the right amount in. he said he was thankful that I brought it to his attention as he was having some inner department issues. He then gave me a $25 gift certificate to be used at the dealership on parts or service. they did a complete oil change as I had marked the filter. I was in and out in about 20 minutes. for the record the oil level was at about the twist on the dip stick.

so just a follow up. I texted the service department and left a message and last night I got a call from the service manager. he asked me to bring my car in asap. This morning I brought it in and he went was pretty impressive. He went and brought 3 of the techs out to my car popped the hood and had one of them check the dipstick. He then asked the tech if he felt it was overfilled at which the tech said yes it appeared that it was. he then told them to change the oil again and put the right amount in. he said he was thankful that I brought it to his attention as he was having some inner department issues. He then gave me a $25 gift certificate to be used at the dealership on parts or service. they did a complete oil change as I had marked the filter. I was in and out in about 20 minutes. for the record the oil level was at about the twist on the dip stick.
At least they admitted the fault and used it as a training exercise for the techs. It sucks that it happened but it is hard to fault someone when they own their mistake. Bet those techs pay closer attention from now on.

Wow! That's some next level above and beyond service there. Looks like he earned your trust and business for the foreseeable future.

Wow! That's some next level above and beyond service there. Looks like he earned your trust and business for the foreseeable future.
it was really good service, but from this point on I will be doing all my own service other than warranty work. I would however recommend them to those who can't do their own work and will give a top review if I get a survey.

I cursed at mine today! Oh, the agro it gave me. Sure, it was Carplay being slow to come up, which I suspect EVERY APPLE IOS update is making my phone use a living hell... but now, I connect the phone cable to the iPhone, and wait.....wait...oh, what is that STATIC noise? Look there, its on FM! Wow. How'd that happen? Passenger laughs and mocks the car - No off button? Just mute? How stupid! And we go a mile when the CX-5 decided to play music from Carplay. Wait, it gets better (or worse). This morning, driving from grocery store, I'm remembering, I have new fog lights OEM and stalk to install but way too cold now for outside under the bumper work. But then I notice so much traffic for this hour...I pull up maps and "Sorry. You must give Maps location permission in Carplay"... WTF?
And you cannot do this while driving. F--- You Apple! Your goddamn iOS update yesterday changed all my Location permissions to Waze and Maps to Never!
So yea, I cursed out my CX-5 (I did pull over, relax, breath, ummmmm) and Tim Cook and all his misfit elves at Apple for implementing changes I didn't ask for and that didn't keep my settings. Hope Krampus has something instore for you, Tim Apple!

First oil change and tire rotation! 5k miles. I used Castrol Edge 5w-30 and a Tokyo Roki filter. I’m happy to report the factory still employs gorillas to install the oil filters.

I haven’t checked the tire pressure since I bought the car and surprise surprise, the pre delivery instructions for tire pressure wasn’t performed. I’ve had the car for 3 months and the tire pressure was 40 psi today. It’ll be interested to see how the car handles this week. Likely softer over bumps lol!

First oil change and tire rotation! 5k miles. I used Castrol Edge 5w-30 and a Tokyo Roki filter. I’m happy to report the factory still employs gorillas to install the oil filters.
You aren't kidding. I had a grand old time with the strap wrench getting that thing off. Over-torqued is an understatement.

I'm wondering where you got that filter though. Those aren't available here.

You aren't kidding. I had a grand old time with the strap wrench getting that thing off. Over-torqued is an understatement.

I'm wondering where you got that filter though. Those aren't available here.
Partsouq, ships very quickly from the UAE. I ordered 12 a couple of months ago.

Cheaper than the 1WPY filter? I paid about $12 ea for those.
if given a choice between an original made in japan filter vs the one mazda dealers in the us stock that is made in thailand I would chose the one made in Japan. Not really sure if there is any ultimate filtering difference but would like to see both cut open to see if there is any difference.

New to Mazda but, I recently gave my girl new tires and really nice new wipers. My next thing is I want to get new headlights as the ones on her are getting foggy. Also some monster backed into her and the hatchback has a dent in it now so, I gotta get that fix as well.

Back