What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Disagree. Other then doing wifi what other choice is there?
Those of you really into this tech should be glad they even offered retrofits. Could have changed the system completely and said sorry current owners!!!

Disagree. Other then doing wifi what other choice is there?
Those of you really into this tech should be glad they even offered retrofits. Could have changed the system completely and said sorry current owners!!!

Maybe its a different feature set but wasn't it possible to do with a software/firmware update prior to a certain build version?

Brought the car back to my detailing guy who did xpel film + uncr coating a year ago for inspection.

Annual inspection = foam cannon, wash, decontaminate spray and rinse, then coating topper applied to extend its life and keep its hydrophobic abilities top notch.

Looks as good as it did a year ago!

Maybe its a different feature set but wasn't it possible to do with a software/firmware update prior to a certain build version?
You mean the unofficial hack. Sure it works...I have it on my car...but the USB ports are so weak it won't charge my phone. Im fact if I stream and use Maps it slowly drains. Good enough for me but... that's a big part of why you need upgraded USB ports.

New to the forums. Joined the CX-5 family this week, nice compliment to the MX-5

s6tDOZJ.jpg

NQlBsej.jpg

8nBjeOW.jpg

kOn3bR6.jpg

cRoutKl.jpg

0CyK6Cm.jpg

yJFH7qQ.jpg

0Ncp4Ps.jpg

Recognized your MX5. Congrats. I might swing for the CX5 too.

You mean the unofficial hack. Sure it works...I have it on my car...but the USB ports are so weak it won't charge my phone. Im fact if I stream and use Maps it slowly drains. Good enough for me but... that's a big part of why you need upgraded USB ports.

I see, makes sense now.

I have a wireless Ottie charger and I use my Note 8, for AA. No discharging, or weak USB charging issues here. I don't need to do any retrofits, because I have a Kenwood nav unit.

I washed the key transponder fob in the washer using Persil........yup no longer works.

Luckily still have backup key.

I washed the key transponder fob in the washer using Persil........yup no longer works.

Luckily still have backup key.
I got a replacement on eBay for $45, dealer programmed for $100. Saved half price versus getting from dealer. Dealer was like "well there's no promise that will work?!?" Whatever ... 50 reviews on eBay tell me it'll work
It did.

I got a replacement on eBay for $45, dealer programmed for $100. Saved half price versus getting from dealer. Dealer was like "well there's no promise that will work?!?" Whatever ... 50 reviews on eBay tell me it'll work
It did.

They always say that so they can charged what ever $$$ they want

Put it in some rice for a few day worth a try

Yep. I spilled water all over my motherboard on the first computer I set up custom loop watercooling on. Nothing a data vac and leaving it out a few days to dry didn't solve. Still works though I don't use it anymore.

It did.

Was gonna go this route until...........

Put it in some rice for a few day worth a try

I went this route. ^^ Okay so I opened the key to access the little green board. I took everything apart and hit it with a can of air. Put everything together and still no go. Placed in bowl of brown rice for 6 hours and no go. After placed in Rice for 24 hours- Go. Back working again!!! Matter of fact I gained 100 cool points which translates to .027 HP increase.

Latest posts

Back