Carplay and Android Auto coming soon? Crossing fingers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH, I currently have AA for my 2014 Kia Soul and I've used it maybe once or twice. It's a nice system and it's integrated well into the 8" infotainment screen, but I just haven't had much use for it. I personally don't like having to connect to it via a USB cord. Would prefer BT connectivity, but it's already a battery drainer as it is, and apparently wireless connectivity is still in the testing phase.

https://www.androidheadlines.com/2017/05/android-auto-wireless-battery-inefficient-future.html

I think the writing is on the wall at this point. Car Play and Android Auto aren't coming. They went from saying it's coming but couldn't say when, to saying they may add it "when we feel they meet our company philosophy" which is pretty ominous, and now we find out they are working with Toyota on developing a new infotainment system. Toyota is adamantly against supporting AA/CP and therefore it seems very unlikely that this next generation system will support it. So if AA/CP aren't in their future plans anymore, I can't imagine them retrofitting support to the current system.

And if you don't give a rats ass about CarPlay, why are you in this thread? You saw the thread title and still clicked on it, clearly you have interest in it. Maybe it's just me but I ussually don't enter threads that deal with topics I'm not interested in.

If I recall correctly, you don't have a CX-5 but you're active on this site. People with no interest in AA/Carplay, click on these threads for the same reason you post on a CX-5 site.

Oh whatever, Ricsta. Every single person I know has ACP and loves it. LOOK AT ALL THE THREADS! This one is 46 pages! Doesn't that prove it? And EVERY PERSON I KNOW won't buy a car that doesn't have it. It so totally kicks Mazda's "Navigation" in the butt. No one is going to buy anymore Mazda's if they don't add it soon. No one at Mazda said it's coming. It's not mentioned on the Mazda website. It is never coming. Get over it.

How'm I doing, Mango??? Figure if I just repeat your weekly drivel you won't even need to post anymore. I'd do that for you. :D

If I recall correctly, you don't have a CX-5 but you're active on this site. People with no interest in AA/Carplay, click on these threads for the same reason you post on a CX-5 site.

And Iv'e been labeled a 'troll' for doing so. So does that make everyone else in this thread who doesn't 'need' it a troll as well? I guess it does. BTW I do own a Mazda and take an interest in the brand so your assertion is incorrect.

It's hilarious seeing people state over and over about how much they don't need a certain feature in a vehicle, only to continue posting in a thread who's entire topic is based on that very same feature. Maybe these individuals should just skip along and ignore the thread so we don't have to deal with their constant whining about how they don't need CarPlay/AA in their life. We get it, no need to state it again for the 746563th time.

Wait...Mango is saying it's hilarious to see someone constantly restate thier opinions?!? Lolol. Thanks for the laughs bro.

I don't necessarily care. Having said that, it would be neat to have. Furthermore Mazda has been promising it for years..IN the current and last gen CX-5

Would be nice to have a Pioneer motorized unit with built in Car Play/Android support ...and be compatible with the commander knob. That would be one nice clean, techy, functional interior.

Hook up my Bluetooth OBDII scanner with Torque Pro to the screen for real time engine analysis too.

Wait...Mango is saying it's hilarious to see someone constantly restate thier opinions?!? Lolol. Thanks for the laughs bro.

(iagree) Hypocrisy, thy name is Mango. (rlaugh)

How much of this 46 page thread is just Mango repeating his mantra over and over again which inevitably sparks off a few pages of this. So Mango...your 46-pages of "proof", with all this garbage removed is probably more like a few pages of people mostly saying it would be a nice thing to have but not a make or break feature (probably a couple of people being exceptions).

Last edited:
(iagree) Hypocrisy, thy name is Mango. (rlaugh)

How much of this 46 page thread is just Mango repeating his mantra over and over again which inevitably sparks off a few pages of this. So Mango...your 46-pages of "proof", with all this garbage removed is probably more like a few pages of people mostly saying it would be a nice thing to have but not a make or break feature (probably a couple of people being exceptions).

How'm I doing, Mango??? Figure if I just repeat your weekly drivel you won't even need to post anymore. I'd do that for you. :D

Aww look, my 2 biggest fans have arrived, ColoradoDriver and 7eregrine. Two guys who apparently claimed to have put me on their 'ignore list' because they'd go had no self-control and were unable to NOT reply to any of my posts. Seems like they have taken me off their lists because they miss me....Aww

And yet here you are, replying to a thread about a topic you supposedly have no interest in. It's OK guys, we all know you love my posts and desperately want CarPlay/AA in your vehicles, otherwise you wouldn't spend so much time on either me or this thread.:)

Last edited:
LOL. Nah, I took you off ignore bro. Since people insist on quoting you ignoring you is pointless. I'm not going to go over how I feel about AA again. I'm done beating those dead horses.

LOL. Nah, I took you off ignore bro. Since people insist on quoting you ignoring you is pointless. I'm not going to go over how I feel about AA again. I'm done beating those dead horses.

Pretty much. And I've actually not replied to most Mango posts since that last locked thread.

Considering you didn't buy a CX-5 Mango, the CX-5 getting ACP/AA really shouldn't matter to you. Your 2005 Mazda3 certainly won't be, so that's a moot point. Ah well, some people have no self control to their trolling tendencies apparently.

Yeah they seriously need to rework the ignore list. So tired of seeing this moron here. Dude gets a hard on for coming in here and repping his crv. A freaking crv! Guy has serious issues.

LOL who cares if other people quote me? Why do YOU need to respond to it when no one is talking to YOU? Put me back on that list, as it gets a little tiring having you bring up my name over and over again when I'm not even talking to you, especially when moderators have warned you not to do it ever again.

And here I was thinking, I would get a break from the constant name dropping from Dumb and Dumber...

Keep it up boys, and you might earn yourself a nice one week vacation from the forums one day;)

MangoConChile post count on Mazdas247: 296
MangoConChile post count on CR-V forum: 115

Enough said. Then look at the post history, it's all the same crap over and over again in the same threads.

Let's take bets. Which one hits first? 301 on Mazda, or 120 on CR-V?

Anyway, I think I have lost some more brain cells now.

On topic: Summary, CP/AA would be a nice thing to have. Depending on who you are may be a make or break feature, though most here have clearly expressed its not. Mazda mentioned it was coming a long while back now, nothing since. /thread

Last edited:
Ha! I've been away for a month or so and nothing has changed.* :D

*and I'm not just talking about AA/ACP

Last edited:
MangoConChile post count on Mazdas247: 296
MangoConChile post count on CR-V forum: 115

Enough said. Then look at the post history, it's all the same crap over and over again in the same threads.

Let's take bets. Which one hits first? 301 on Mazda, or 120 on CR-V?

Anyway, I think I have lost some more brain cells now.

On topic: Summary, CP/AA would be a nice thing to have. Depending on who you are may be a make or break feature, though most here have clearly expressed its not. Mazda mentioned it was coming a long while back now, nothing since. /thread

Omg those statistics lmao. How pathetic is that. Really.

But yeah, AA/Carplay would just be a bonus. I am happy with my purchase as is most of us here. Over on Mazda3Rev, people are still getting emails from reps stating that they still plan on moving forward with the implementation of AA/Carplay despite the Toyota relationship. So we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back