What have you done to your CX-5 today?

^ Beautiful!

------------------

Last night, ordered Invisicord 5v USB power cord for the CX-5. It will be very nice not to have to manually turn the dashcam on or off. Mazda should really have an accessory power socket up front, instead of only having the "always on" power socket inside the center console storage.

Newly acquired 17 SWP CX-5 grand touring my mods list so far, 20" wheels/tires, 20% Suntek carbon tint, Xpel ultimate clear bra, diy side panel stripes, LED interior lighting upgrade, disable DRL, custom door sills, front license relocator.

20170806_202508.jpg

20170806_200730.jpg

20170806_200205.jpg

20170806_200819.jpg

20170806_200653.jpg

20170806_200235.jpg

^ Beautiful!

------------------

Last night, ordered Invisicord 5v USB power cord for the CX-5. It will be very nice not to have to manually turn the dashcam on or off. Mazda should really have an accessory power socket up front, instead of only having the "always on" power socket inside the center console storage.

There is a 12V outlet up front on the '17, along with the one in the center console and rear compartment. My '14 had one up front as well, so that must be something they dropped for the '16?

Newly acquired 17 SWP CX-5 grand touring my mods list so far, 20" wheels/tires, 20% Suntek carbon tint, Xpel ultimate clear bra, diy side panel stripes, LED interior lighting upgrade, disable DRL, custom door sills, front license relocator.
That front license plate relocation looks very good. Fitment looks good as well, looks like it is flush with the fenders. If you can lower it a little, it will look even better. Not a fan of the big black stripe across the side, I think it will look cleaner without it, but the car looks good in general.

There is a 12V outlet up front on the '17, along with the one in the center console and rear compartment. My '14 had one up front as well, so that must be something they dropped for the '16?
Ah yes, I now remember that they finally added one back for the 2017. Just more reasons to like the 2017 even more.

They dropped the front accessory power socket when they redid the dash/interior for the 2016 models.

Looks really good. What is the wheel width and what size tires are those?

It took me a bit to get use to the stripes but it is different and in person it really stands out. Another 1.5" drop is perfent but no springs available for the 17 cx5.

It took me a bit to get use to the stripes but it is different and in person it really stands out. Another 1.5" drop is perfent but no springs available for the 17 cx5.
The 2017 model is still very new, so just give it some time and I'm pretty sure lowering springs will come out in a few months.

Seems like Lexus was heading in a good direction with the new design conception but then lost their way somewhere and couldnt make it come together. End result looks a little cheesy, they are not going to age gracefully. The Lexus coupe looks aweful I think

I think the only Lexus I like is the IS. I really dislike the grill. Everything else on that car is beautiful.

7f1e3d3a57fe999e3fe3452dc66d4021.jpg

Washed/ detailed and wet waxed the car today. Went out for dinner and came out to another cx-5 parked next to me. Hello old friend!

Didn't have time to wash ours yesterday, but I tried out some new wheel cleaner and wheel brush I picked up the other day. So the car is still dirty but the wheels are SPOTLESS right now! :p

8768ad2e66fe772321510f3290b29bf3.jpg
123a492f6616d1c4a59e3576d3e69eaf.jpg
6b2874c3543484c76430c38edba0f582.jpg
7d030b61b3461fa063b39ce0a05f87e2.jpg

I got around to doing my grill mod today with chrome bars. I like what Maserati has been doing with their Vehicles. I really like how it turned out. It gives the illusion of a taller grill.

It was pretty simple just time consuming. I used the 3m chrome strips which I zipped ties to the grill backwards. (So the 3m tape was exposed facing out and chrome facing in) I then zip tied each piece tight to the grill. (I had to partially remove the front bumper to get access) I then cut the same bars out to place over the ones I just zipped tied down. To explain better, essentially zip ties are sandwiched in between chrome strips. It took about 5 hrs to compete. I love it! I'm sure some here will not like it but that's ok [emoji18]. Just excited to show everyone!

Finch - What does "SWP" stand for? I'm sure after you explain, I'll be uttering D'OH!

I can't seem to delete the post - I got the member name wrong - D'OH!

Last edited:
Finch - What does "SWP" stand for? I'm sure after you explain, I'll be uttering D'OH!

I can't seem to delete the post - I got the member name wrong - D'OH!

click edit and delete post is an option. or just edit the original post.

Back