2017 CX-5 drl question

I haven't read through this whole post but surprised that this even has to be an issue. It's a shame Mazda went backwards with their LED headlights/DRLs with the 17. Especially when they all worked perfectly on the 16/16.5. Hopefully a software update can fix it.
Exactly. Why was the change for a perfect setup from 2016(.5) LED Signature DRLs? Especially there's not much regulation in the US on DRLs and Mazda North American Operations for some strange reason specified the change which is different from CX-5's selling in other regions?

Please contact MNAO to express your opinion ⋯

I'm pretty happy with them.

s-l1600.jpg

I'm pretty happy with them.
s-l1600.jpg
The only drawback turning on the parking lights during the day is the front amber / rear red side markers are on too. I don't mind to have LED tail lights serve as rear DRLs though:

The only drawback turning on the parking lights during the day is the front amber / rear red side markers are on too. I don't mind to have LED tail lights serve as rear DRLs though:
CX-9 had rear DRLs here

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Due to having parkers on.

European CX-5's have the same DRL's like us here in Oz land and not USA

I just saw one drive past and it had the headlights on too with the signature LEDs. It's day time and when I looked in my rear vision mirrors tail lights were off so it looks to be in DRL mode with headlights also on. [emoji1304] At least there's a way around it as discussed in this thread [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw one drive past and it had the headlights on too with the signature LEDs. It's day time and when I looked in my rear vision mirrors tail lights were off so it looks to be in DRL mode with headlights also on. [emoji1304] At least there's a way around it as discussed in this thread [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That doesn't make sense. Have a look at carsguide review and you can see clearly only DRLs on the blue Akera

That doesn't make sense. Have a look at carsguide review and you can see clearly only DRLs on the blue Akera

Yeah, it looks like the Aussie's have an inboard DRL that is not on US spec cars that looks like it is on all the time when driving. But at least it's not the headlights.

attachment.php

Attachments

• cx5aus.PNG
    cx5aus.PNG
    171.3 KB · Views: 5,357
Yeah, it looks like the Aussie's have an inboard DRL that is not on US spec cars that looks like it is on all the time when driving. But at least it's not the headlights.

attachment.php
Bingo. Exactly what they should be like

Looks like UK has the same setup as Australia.

mazda-cx-5-716.jpg

But I can't figure out who gets this setup, which is perfect.
cx-5-03.jpg

But I can't figure out who gets this setup, which is perfect.
cx-5-03.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ding ding ding! That's how it should look in all countries where its legal by law.

I couldn't get it to work...

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Forgot to mention, you have to do each set within 5 seconds, so for example do the parking light to off 5 times within 5 seconds and so forth. At the end after make sure to disengage the parking brakes before you let off the brake pedal.

Forgot to mention, you have to do each set within 5 seconds, so for example do the parking light to off 5 times within 5 seconds and so forth. At the end after make sure to disengage the parking brakes before you let off the brake pedal.

And like I said before remember to click your heels three times as well (rofl)

Back