What did you pay for your CX-5?

My wife was really taken in with the Soul Red Crystal paint on the '17. I'd have to see it in person to be awed. Still keeping the old '15 but would like to see in person out of curiosity. Only red colored car we have ever owned was the old '02 Maxima in "Merlot"

Another deal

2016.5 GT AWD (Red / Black)
No packages
$31,070 (MSRP)
$28,886 (Pre TTL)
$31,425 (out the door, pre rebates or 0% fi.)

With rebate total cost $29,425

This is a better deal % wise than the Touring I was quoted. I live in Sacramento, so I'm worried about hot leather seats in summer, but I find the 8 way seat more comfortable. Not excited about the other GT do-dads that come along with it...so it comes down to the seats!

What was the price before TTL? It can be hard to gauge a price without knowing that info. In Illinois, I think that would put the car at under $30,000. Assuming the GT?

Yea sorry that is a GT model. They were asking $33,465. Oregon tends to bump prices a little more before there is no sales tax

Another deal

2016.5 GT AWD (Red / Black)
No packages
$31,070 (MSRP)
$28,886 (Pre TTL)
$31,425 (out the door, pre rebates or 0% fi.)

With rebate total cost $29,425

This is a better deal % wise than the Touring I was quoted. I live in Sacramento, so I'm worried about hot leather seats in summer, but I find the 8 way seat more comfortable. Not excited about the other GT do-dads that come along with it...so it comes down to the seats!
You'll change your mind when you drive it at night (LEDs!).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
They may be not willing to deal as much on the AWD one as a FWD. The % off MSRP out the door before rebates is about 5% on the AWD, on a FWD they are will to go with 8%.
Had no problem dealing with AWD. Now, it doesn't matter what it is, they need to move
It...

This one doesn't have the LED lights, is there something else at night I'm missing?
You'll hate the yellow high-beam DRLs when you see them! I always recommend GT Tech Package which has LED headlights with AFS、(very cool) LED DRLs、LED fog lights、(better looking) LED tail lights、SCBS、and Auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink.

Hey guys i just bought a new peral white 2017 cx 5 sport with lo jack. It was 28,000 out the door and yes i know its not very spectacular but just sharing with others. Very difficult to bargain at this stage.

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to update everyone on my progress. After much DD, I have the following offers:

2016.5 Touring FWD (no added options)
MSRP: $26315 --> best quote: $21000 + TTL = $23400 OTD

2016.5 Grand Touring FWD (no added options)
MSRP: $29670 --> best quote: $24000 + TTL = $27000 OTD

This includes the $2k customer cash. No military/loyalty cash (I'm not eligible for those). Let me know how I did, and if you think it's worth the extra $3.6k for the GT. Thanks in advance.

Hoping everything pans out and I'm driving in CX-5 by tonight (rockon).

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to update everyone on my progress. After much DD, I have the following offers:

2016.5 Touring FWD (no added options)
MSRP: $26315 --> best quote: $21000 + TTL = $23400 OTD

2016.5 Grand Touring FWD (no added options)
MSRP: $29670 --> best quote: $24000 + TTL = $27000 OTD

This includes the $2k customer cash. No military/loyalty cash (I'm not eligible for those). Let me know how I did, and if you think it's worth the extra $3.6k for the GT. Thanks in advance.

Hoping everything pans out and I'm driving in CX-5 by tonight (rockon).

You did awesome! I'd love to see the quotes. If they have an AWD GT with Tech, they can sell me one too...Location?

Price quoted for the 2017 GT AWD in Machine Gray:
MSRP $31,935 / Costco $30,827 ($1,108 off)

Adding premium package:
MSRP $33,765 / Costco $32,328 ($1,437 off)

Here's what i was quoted today for a 2017 AWD GT in Sonic Silver with Premium Package:

MSRP: $33,465 / Costco $32,389 ($1,076 off).

I also qualify for the loyalty bonus so it brings it down to $31,889. With all taxes/fees etc., out the door price of $34,243. Probably go test drive one tomorrow.

For a fully loaded (both packages) 2016.5 GT AWD in black/beige I was quoted $29,100 (after $2k rebate), currently comparing that to a 2017 Touring AWD with I-Activ (also in black/beige) at $28,700 (near-MSRP).

2017 CX5 AWD, Touring, Preferred Package

Here's what i was quoted today for a 2017 AWD GT in Sonic Silver with Premium Package:

MSRP: $33,465 / Costco $32,389 ($1,076 off).

I also qualify for the loyalty bonus so it brings it down to $31,889. With all taxes/fees etc., out the door price of $34,243. Probably go test drive one tomorrow.

** Just got through the sales of mine and landed the vehicle for $28,500. Not sure if that's the greatest deal in the world, but I certainly felt it was well worth every penny considering other options and package in this cars class. Switched myself out from a Subaru Forester 2012, Premium X. That car was missing all the cool tech this new one has. I will miss my off-road capabilities and ground clearance, but in the end I probably used that 12 days of the 5 years I actually had it. I was looking for something I can still load my family into as well enjoy driving. Forester was all utility.

Good hunting to those looking to also snag one of these.

I was gonna comment on ground clearance...

Looks like Subaru was 8.7" and '17 CX-5 is 7.6"... I guess that is quite a bit less than the '13-'16.5 which had 8.5"

i-Activ AWD is pretty good off-road & in the snow though.

** Just got through the sales of mine and landed the vehicle for $28,500. Not sure if that's the greatest deal in the world, but I certainly felt it was well worth every penny considering other options and package in this cars class. Switched myself out from a Subaru Forester 2012, Premium X. That car was missing all the cool tech this new one has. I will miss my off-road capabilities and ground clearance, but in the end I probably used that 12 days of the 5 years I actually had it. I was looking for something I can still load my family into as well enjoy driving. Forester was all utility.

Good hunting to those looking to also snag one of these.

Back