What have you done to your P5 today?

Got my rear Eibach ProKit springs and Corksport strut bar installed.
Next, off to the pull-n-pay for replacement trunk side panels - one
was already cracked & I boogered the other one up cutting the hole
for strut bar access. Now I know exactly where the hole needs to be!

Live & learn...

Got my rear Eibach ProKit springs and Corksport strut bar installed.
Next, off to the pull-n-pay for replacement trunk side panels - one
was already cracked & I boogered the other one up cutting the hole
for strut bar access. Now I know exactly where the hole needs to be!

Live & learn...
Haha, the holes end up needing to further forward than you would think. At least that's what happened to me.

So first drive after replacing my motor mount. The car is so much nicer to drive. It doesn't feel like it's trying to wheel hop constantly, nor does it buck at low speeds when coming on and off the throttle

Haha, the holes end up needing to further forward than you would think. At least that's what happened to me.

Exactly - very hard to get the panel back all the way to the installed position
until the hole is cut to fit the strut bar bracket through. I hogged out the first
one with a wood blade on my multi-tool, got a good measurement from the top
& front of the panel, and the second one I drilled with the hole saw was perfect.

The Corksport brackets are a lot larger than the one you have on your build thread.
Ended up drilling about a 2 1/2" hole to accomodate them. Since they're hidden
under the package shelf it doesn't really bother me a lot, but I figure I should fix
it now while I can still get the parts. These cars are almost old enough that you
can't assume anything OEM or even tuner/go-fast parts will be available over the
counter any more.

Zoom-Zoom!

Got new tries on the p5, replaced old shift linkages on the mp3 and did the kia bushing upgrade. Let me tell you it feels so much stiffer then before.

Crashed it

ed23c57e60b7c8d545ea6ccfe53aa668.jpg

Looks like someone else crashed it for you unless you were driving backwards..............either way - caca.....& glad it wasn't worse.

I ordered a set of Godspeed MonoSS coilovers, a new OBX exhaust, some cheezy ebay headers, an STI lip aaaaaaaaaand JDM tail lights from Japan (for $40 no less lol). gonna redo all of the OE control arms soon and add Megan rear links... plus add some wheels. Oh, im sanding down my hood, roof and wing next week (the clear coat is coming off) and wrapping all in matte black vinyl!

Project "make me hate my daily driver a lot less" is underway!!! :D

I ordered a set of Godspeed MonoSS coilovers, a new OBX exhaust, some cheezy ebay headers, an STI lip aaaaaaaaaand JDM tail lights from Japan (for $40 no less lol). gonna redo all of the OE control arms soon and add Megan rear links... plus add some wheels. Oh, im sanding down my hood, roof and wing next week (the clear coat is coming off) and wrapping all in matte black vinyl!

Weird. Exhaust and suspension would make me hate my df

should give us a review on those coilovers. i have a friend looking for a cheap set of coils in the near future

If that's the case, take the money and buy it back from them and get another hatch and bumper skin and go more.......
Or buy a car that gets good mileage without 200k on it.

Honestly they'll give need maybe 3k for it. It'll cost me another 1500 to get it back on the road. So now I have a car with a rebuilt title, that isn't worth s***, a ton of miles and really does nothing for me.

Last edited:
Back