How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Wow glad my cx-5 has gone still have a spare 19 inch space saver for sale the Lexus RX is very nice but n where as good as the mpg of the Mazda but 31 mpg for a 3.5 litre engine I can not complain

Hi guys, Brit newbie here. Live near Annecy in France. Just ordered a CX-5, 175bhp, 2.2 AWD, Selection (french all bells and whistles), Manual, in black. Have to wait until July.... Upgrading from my Mitsi ASX 1.8, 150 bhp, 4wd. Great forum btw.

I have recently had the infotainment software updated on my CX-5 - twice! The first upgrade stopped me pairing the phone and has partially disabled the button on the left of the steering wheel when using it to change radio channels (it worked sometimes and not others). The second upgrade fixed the pairing issue but has left the button problem - I can live with that but it has introduced a really annoying feature - I cannot turn off Traffic Announcements (TA). I have turned it off on the main screen but there used to be a button on 1 of the main menus (I am sure it was communications) which I assume was a 'master' button. It may well still be there but I cannot find it and it is driving me mad getting traffic announcements every 15 minutes or less. Can anyone help?

I have recently had the infotainment software updated on my CX-5 - twice! The first upgrade stopped me pairing the phone and has partially disabled the button on the left of the steering wheel when using it to change radio channels (it worked sometimes and not others). The second upgrade fixed the pairing issue but has left the button problem - I can live with that but it has introduced a really annoying feature - I cannot turn off Traffic Announcements (TA). I have turned it off on the main screen but there used to be a button on 1 of the main menus (I am sure it was communications) which I assume was a 'master' button. It may well still be there but I cannot find it and it is driving me mad getting traffic announcements every 15 minutes or less. Can anyone help?

Are you referring to the Mk1 or Mk2 version?
I have recently had a update to my MZD system, with slight improvement to the bluetooth connection problems, but with odd things happening, the nav failing to boot up for one, also a nav error message i have never seen before, and failing to get me to a destination although my Garmin also failed to the same postcode, very strange ended up using the map book!

I'm now on 56.00.511

Last edited:
There is a nav voice volume control which can be located in settings on the nav screen, located rhs of the screen. I don't know it that will mute TA ?

I'm awaiting a module from the netherlands which the dealer couldn't give me a name for, just said it was a connectivity device. My phone is still failing to connect everytime.

Last edited:
This site is now getting a few more posts.

http://mazdacx5forums.co.uk/index.php

And what a bloody performance to sign up. There is a triangle beside the password field which doesn't work, but you know that means you have to make this something which you'll never remember. What they don't tell you is the criteria, until you attempt. Then it tells you one point at a time what you have failed to accomplish, so you make many attempts to create the password. Then every time you try, wipes off the avatar from a poor choice, and you have to put it back in then try once again to set your password.

So, you'll need at least 8 digits, one upper case and at least one number, and don't forget the avatar. Hopefully all worth it.

Yes others have struggled, and the admin chap is a bit picky, I would say more but....

Hello, not been on here for a while. My wife is looking to replace her 2013 2.2 175 AWD this year. Is the face lifted model much quieter than the old version. We will have to test drive the new version at some point in the next couple of months, but I just wanted to know others' thoughts...

Yes it is a little quieter and a little heavier as a result.
New nav isnt great but does the job, 7" is an improvement also, i'm on my second 175 so can directly compare.

Theres more info from owners on the http://mazdacx5forums.co.uk/index.php.

Last edited:
Yes it is a little quieter and a little heavier as a result.
New nav isnt great but does the job, 7" is an improvement also, i'm on my second 175 so can directly compare.

Theres more info from owners on the Mazda cx-5 uk forum.

Thanks for replying. I will have a look at that link 👍

Yes others have struggled, and the admin chap is a bit picky, I would say more but....

Well I'll say something. The guy I'm sure is trying his best but it is a bit OTT. Anticipate being banned from that forum any minute - He is trying to keep it tidy and single tracked but with the nature of the beast (forum posters) he'll find it hard work; and thanks to his endeavours people will get fed up trying to follow anything. I'm amazed he has the time to manage the site so closely?

There is a point where a new link leads one to a new page re DPF and asks us to post on there instead of the lively thread which has been going nicely, then that new thread is locked so cannot post in any case.

He has found a need which is demonstrated by the size of this topic and number of pages for us Brits, but I still refer to this one first being more user friendly.

Alex.

I did make a sarcastic remark after he nit picked something i posted, he promptly posted sarcasm would not be tolerated.

It was then i realised why the forum had previously been so quiet.
I have yet to have any rebuke on this forum from a moderator.

Several people did have problem on LED headlights here in the US as the light beams are too low. One member here found the problem is the load sensor on the rear suspension installed wrongly in the factory! But you should have Mazda i-ActivSense Adaptive LED Headlamps(ALH) which have totally different setup from our US LED headlights.
Unfortunately in the UK ALH is part of a 800 extra package, not standard. In hindsight I wish I have bought the pack.
I would get ALH if it's available in the US! And your LED headlights are mechanical adjusted like the US version? Which means you might have wrongly installed load sensor?
Got the car back today, they say lights are on the top of the allowed limit, I'm not convinced. Also said the brakes are ok, no there not, so my next step is to record the noise and email it to Mazda.
Follow this thread and see if you can identify your problem:

Raise the headlight on 2016 w Tec & Isense

Well, this thread has been a bit quiet lately!

It's time to replace the wife's 2012 2.2D 175 and we've been looking at the Sportage, Kuga and of course the CX-5. We've ruled out the Sportage and Kuga so are looking at a Sport Nav CX-5.

When we bought the 2.2D my wife was doing around 20K miles per year, so the diesel made sense, but she is now doing no more than 10-12K a year so it is less clear cut. The 2.0 petrol is around 1800 cheaper than the 150 diesel, which would buy a lot of unleaded despite the lower MPG. But when I test drove it I found it a bit gutless, although to be fair it was bound to feel that way compared to the torque the 175 has.

Can anyone with a petrol advise if it frees up a bit once run in?

Back