Request to call Mazda Corp: For Live Traffic

Alright everyone, let's calm down here and keep the conversation civil and constructive, thanks. Mazda is not going to take this thread very seriously if it's full of bickering. In fact, we should remind them that there are many current and potential Mazda Owners / Customers in this Community and even more who browse it, that would really appreciate being heard! Unlike with "social media", we're all here primarily to discuss Mazdas, let's continue to make it worthwhile!
Well, if you believe in the surveys, in particular Mazda 2014-2015s has gone downhill in reliability. Maybe others coming here contemplating buying a Mazda will reflect and think twice in purchasing a Mazda. Any how, it's good to keep a balance. We don't need people singing praises on how they love their Mazda and how their car is perfect. It's like those bogus positive (many paid) reviews on Yelp and TripAdvisor.

I request everyone to keep to this topic. I agree with Antoine here. This back & forth is only helping Mazda, not us.

I called Mazda JP today using my friend who is Japanese. After a short delay was connected to someone who speaks perfect English. Explained to him my situation along with laying down to him as to why Mazda US is being penny wise, pound foolish w.r.t amenities/features available in alternate markets but not in US. Against that, he gave me the regular yada, yada, yada on regulations, legal, etc. BUT - he sounded genuinely surprised regarding live/real-time traffic and took my number and promised to call me back. Will keep everyone posted.

The answer I got back was that Mazda is looking into other options but there is no ETA as to when those services will be available. I got a name and number to contact if I have more questions. I will be calling again to see if any updates. They also said they will forward my email to the Product Planning Team.

Hoorah - got a call from Corporate Mazda office today, JP. The guy spoke to me and said that they will attempt at something. Asked me for suggestions. They are as follows:
1. Get the whatever used to work - working. (Choice #1)
2. Get HD Total Traffic data flowing into navigation. (Maybe easiest, but the HD thing whatever I saw is not that good)
3. Get the XM Traffic integration - working. (Choice #3 - since it'll incur consumer subscription charges and I'm pretty sure Mazda won't absorb them)
4. Allow WiFi. They have a software downloadable in smart phone which can feed the data into navigation via WiFi (This he liked, God knows why).
5. Prioritize Android mirroring / Apple CarPlay (he said its in the roadmap but cant be done for the current Infotainment hardware, will require replacement)

I also vehemently complained about 3 years map update and XM subscription being just 3 to 4 months. He took all of this in.

BTW: He's aware of this thread.

5. Prioritize Android mirroring / Apple CarPlay (he said its in the roadmap but cant be done for the current Infotainment hardware, will require replacement).

Those of us holding our breaths waiting for Apple Car Play or Android equivalent will find this interesting

Hoorah - got a call from Corporate Mazda office today, JP. The guy spoke to me and said that they will attempt at something. Asked me for suggestions. They are as follows:
2. Get HD Total Traffic data flowing into navigation. (Maybe easiest, but the HD thing whatever I saw is not that good)
3. Get the XM Traffic integration - working. (Choice #3 - since it'll incur consumer subscription charges and I'm pretty sure Mazda won't absorb them)
4. Allow WiFi. They have a software downloadable in smart phone which can feed the data into navigation via WiFi (This he liked, God knows why).
5. Prioritize Android mirroring / Apple CarPlay (he said its in the roadmap but cant be done for the current Infotainment hardware, will require replacement)

I also vehemently complained about 3 years map update and XM subscription being just 3 to 4 months. He took all of this in.

Interesting info. #5 absolutely makes me very sad to hear. I cant understand at all why it would require new hardware. So they're gonna eventually scrap the whole setup for android auto/car play which are merely software platforms. I hope this isn't true. There is no reason it couldn't run on the current hardware. Please Mazda, get on it! Ford, Hyundai are all doing it. Installing on current hardware setups that is.

Interesting info. #5 absolutely makes me very sad to hear. I cant understand at all why it would require new hardware. So they're gonna eventually scrap the whole setup for android auto/car play which are merely software platforms. I hope this isn't true. There is no reason it couldn't run on the current hardware. Please Mazda, get on it! Ford, Hyundai are all doing it. Installing on current hardware setups that is.
Legal issues with the current software installed, its tied to the hardware. Quite similar to not allowed - installing Apple OS on a Dell although both have Intel and mostof the h/w is similar.

Legal issues with the current software installed, its tied to the hardware. Quite similar to not allowed - installing Apple OS on a Dell although both have Intel and mostof the h/w is similar.

I'm very sure Microsoft Sync was tied to their hardware. But yet they managed to switch software.

Certainly interesting. I'd prefer they just get whatever was working previous working (Choice #1).

#2 and #3 do not interest me in the least. The HD traffic map is next to useless, and dangerous to use while driving (having to go to Apps menu, launch the app, and use a freakin' magnifying glass to see where you are on the map).

#4 would be interesting. Would they harvest the traffic info from Google Maps or Waze? If so, that would be a fine solution for me as well, as my phone is always connected to bluetooth while I'm driving.

#5 is a slap in the face to current owners.

Hoorah - got a call from Corporate Mazda office today, JP. The guy spoke to me and said that they will attempt at something. Asked me for suggestions.

Looks like you guys are making tremendous progress on this!

I'll predict you'll have a mutually satisfactory solution by the end of next month!

- XM subscription being just 3 to 4 months-

This is the same on Honda. I don't think Mazda controls this.

Back