taking 2016 CX-5 in for 5,000 mile service

So it's time for the 5,000 mile service for my 2016 Grand Touring, local dealer offering free oil changes. I also need to address firmware update, rear hatch doesn't always latch and squealing brakes. We also recently bought a 2015 3 Touring, lots of little things different reminds me of our old Protege5

Would be interested to know what they say about the squeaks. Our cx5 has the same issue. Dealer couldn't reproduce the problem.

So it's time for the 5,000 mile service for my 2016 Grand Touring, local dealer offering free oil changes. I also need to address firmware update, rear hatch doesn't always latch and squealing brakes. We also recently bought a 2015 3 Touring, lots of little things different reminds me of our old Protege5
I have 2016 Touring model, 3300 miles on her... Noticed the same hatch closing, had it happen 3 or 4 times within a week, but found by using a bit more force, it closes more reliably. Hasn't happened in awhile, so might just be break in for locks and seals. Also, avoid closing from either edge. Can't help with the squeaks. Make sure you confirm what kind of oil they use, if it's important to you.

Same hatch problem here. Please provide an update on a fix by the dealer. Thanks.

The fix is usually to close it firmly. The new rubber seals will loosen up after some time and it will close easer. Happened to my old CX7 and now my CX5. Be patient. Ed

The fix is usually to close it firmly. The new rubber seals will loosen up after some time and it will close easer. Happened to my old CX7 and now my CX5. Be patient. Ed

Is this what dealers are telling customers or is there an adjustment/fix that could be done? I don't think my kids have the strength to properly close the hatch as is. I do many kids drop offs and pick ups in a day.

Is this what dealers are telling customers or is there an adjustment/fix that could be done? I don't think my kids have the strength to properly close the hatch as is. I do many kids drop offs and pick ups in a day.

Closing the hatch is not something that is innate to a child. There is a technique to it that involves accelerating it the last little bit. If they are very small children it's a good idea to get out and help them until they learn how to do it consistently. When a child learns how to be successful 100% of the time on a task that previously they only had a 20% success rate, they learn that success is something that has a trick to it. This will help teach them to be successfully at other endeavors as they go through life rather than becoming frustrated when nothing goes their way.

I would rather have a thick, durable and effective weather seal that required a little "slam" to get the entire seal to compress than one designed to close with minimal effort but that became too limp to seal effectively as time passed.

Closing the hatch is not something that is innate to a child. There is a technique to it that involves accelerating it the last little bit. If they are very small children it's a good idea to get out and help them until they learn how to do it consistently. When a child learns how to be successful 100% of the time on a task that previously they only had a 20% success rate, they learn that success is something that has a trick to it. This will help teach them to be successfully at other endeavors as they go through life rather than becoming frustrated when nothing goes their way.

I would rather have a thick, durable and effective weather seal that required a little "slam" to get the entire seal to compress than one designed to close with minimal effort but that became too limp to seal effectively as time passed.

Good advice however to be honest I can't even doing it right 100% of the time so I won't waste more time trying to teach my kids something I can't even do, haha.

Good advice however to be honest I can't even doing it right 100% of the time so I won't waste more time trying to teach my kids something I can't even do, haha.

True, you have to know how to do it before you can be an effective teacher!

I have been to the dealer 4 times now for the squeaky brakes. Last trip they put on new pads and shaved down the rotors a fraction.

Still squeaking.

Shaved down the rotors? That doesn't sound like a good idea on all OEM parts. I have no clue what, but there's gotta be a better solution. With squeaky brakes, it usually has to do with using the grease on the pads - not the part that touches the rotor obviously, but the other side.

Shaved down the rotors? That doesn't sound like a good idea on all OEM parts. I have no clue what, but there's gotta be a better solution. With squeaky brakes, it usually has to do with using the grease on the pads - not the part that touches the rotor obviously, but the other side.

They told me that to put on new pads, Mazda tech said that they needed to have a nice new flat surface. They weren't willing to replace rotors too I guess. I voiced my concern, and made sure there are plenty of notes in my file that they did the rotors. The BG stop squeak was added to the pads on the 2nd trip.

Today they updated the infotainment software, rotated the tires, changed oil with synthetic 0-20w, fixed the hatch (due to improper molding and weather strip not flush), squealing brakes they could not replicate. all for ZERO $$.

As the weeks progress I'll take note to the other issues and go back to address

I'm With You On That...

(iagree)

CX5T Lover

Latest posts

Back