Cx5 transmission dies after 2 weeks @538 miles

jazzz333

:
2015 CX5 touring
What an experience to say the least!
2015 mazda cx5 quits in front of dealership .
Service manager was baffled . Never experienced total failure . Hooks car up to computer and allows Mazda in California to review over night . After 2 days it was determined my transmission needs to be replaced . I did accept there offer for replacing the transmission . I asked for a new car replacement . Customer experience department was slow to respond and after 3 long weeks agreed to replace my vehicle with the same . The entire corporate response team was not only disconnected from the dealer network but also showed little concern to communicate with me . While I did get a new car the experience was very aggravating a highly frustrating . It also destroyed my faith and trust in what I thought was highly rated company .

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Unfortunately, nothing is perfect. For every one bad experience, there are 10 or more good experiences. You just happened to be the unlucky one. Hope you get it all worked out soon. On the bright side, if a car is going to die somewhere on the road, it did it in the right place.

If you consider getting a BRAND NEW REPLACEMENT from Mazda as "destroying faith and trust", you sir are a fool.

I lost thousands of dollars in trading in my 2012 Ford Focus for my 2014 CX5 because of steering issues which Ford refused to acknowledge. They replaced the steering rack and the problem actually became WORSE. The dealership and corporate's response was "it was fixed, and that is that". However on the focus forums, numerous people had the same experience, because the steering rack had a TSB. Others also reported that after the replacement, it was worse, but Ford did not care because "it was already replaced! it HAS TO BE correct!" I even went through the BBB to no avail.

Be grateful you got an entirely new car and not just a replaced transmission. THAT is customer service. Keep in mind, yes it may have taken a few weeks, you still got a brand new car. Car companies aren't in the business of giving out new cars for free - I am sure they had a lot of investigating to do before they just handed out a brand new vehicle.

What an experience to say the least!
2015 mazda cx5 quits in front of dealership .
Service manager was baffled . Never experienced total failure . Hooks car up to computer and allows Mazda in California to review over night . After 2 days it was determined my transmission needs to be replaced . I did accept there offer for replacing the transmission . I asked for a new car replacement . Customer experience department was slow to respond and after 3 long weeks agreed to replace my vehicle with the same . The entire corporate response team was not only disconnected from the dealer network but also showed little concern to communicate with me . While I did get a new car the experience was very aggravating a highly frustrating . It also destroyed my faith and trust in what I thought was highly rated company .

first report of this - and i've been on these boards for a while. frankly, i'm suspicious.

first report of this - and i've been on these boards for a while. frankly, i'm suspicious.

There are always lemons produced, I think this was a unique case - not a cause of concern for everyone. In my eyes, Mazda did the right thing by giving him an entirely new vehicle.

3 weeks is a great turn around for stepping into a new vehicle to be honest how exactly does that "destroyed my faith and trust in what I thought was highly rated company" it should be the exact opposite. Also whenever an allegation like this is made it should be backed up with some proof in my opinion.

I think this offer of a new vehicle fair as they didn't have to do that but it is also possible that it would have taken longer for Mazda to send a new tranny out. Think about it- they just might not have a new tranny sitting in a crate in a U.S. warehouse!
This is what the warranty is for- if something is to break, you want it to fail now, not after warranty.
My tranny on my '96 Impala SS failed a little under the 36,000 mile warranty and had to be flatbedded back to the dealer. Was i upset? No, the stock tranny had a bad rep and the rebuilt ones were actually better, with a few corvette parts thrown, a little firmer shifting.
This thread sort of reminds me of a big reason to not buy an extended warranty- if something is going to fail, it will happen during the warranty, as in the op's case.

One of my coworkers had to get the transmission replaced in his one month old Acura MDX. He did not get a whole new vehicle. Although very rare, this kind of thing happens with all manufacturers.

3 weeks is a great turn around for stepping into a new vehicle to be honest how exactly does that "destroyed my faith and trust in what I thought was highly rated company" it should be the exact opposite. Also whenever an allegation like this is made it should be backed up with some proof in my opinion.

+1. s*** happens. It sucks that it happened to you, but they went above and beyond by replacing the entire car, when all they had to do was replace the tranny.

Good on Mazda. This re-affirms my confidence in them. :)

I think this offer of a new vehicle fair as they didn't have to do that but it is also possible that it would have taken longer for Mazda to send a new tranny out. Think about it- they just might not have a new tranny sitting in a crate in a U.S. warehouse!
This is what the warranty is for- if something is to break, you want it to fail now, not after warranty.
My tranny on my '96 Impala SS failed a little under the 36,000 mile warranty and had to be flatbedded back to the dealer. Was i upset? No, the stock tranny had a bad rep and the rebuilt ones were actually better, with a few corvette parts thrown, a little firmer shifting.
This thread sort of reminds me of a big reason to not buy an extended warranty- if something is going to fail, it will happen during the warranty, as in the op's case.

You still got that SS?

If you consider getting a BRAND NEW REPLACEMENT from Mazda as "destroying faith and trust", you sir are a fool.

I lost thousands of dollars in trading in my 2012 Ford Focus for my 2014 CX5 because of steering issues which Ford refused to acknowledge. They replaced the steering rack and the problem actually became WORSE. The dealership and corporate's response was "it was fixed, and that is that". However on the focus forums, numerous people had the same experience, because the steering rack had a TSB. Others also reported that after the replacement, it was worse, but Ford did not care because "it was already replaced! it HAS TO BE correct!" I even went through the BBB to no avail.

Be grateful you got an entirely new car and not just a replaced transmission. THAT is customer service. Keep in mind, yes it may have taken a few weeks, you still got a brand new car. Car companies aren't in the business of giving out new cars for free - I am sure they had a lot of investigating to do before they just handed out a brand new vehicle.

Well said! Id be pumped if I got a new car.

I bet they even gave you a loaner while they investigated this for the three weeks. You didn't mentioned that detail? After reading this I also now have more faith in Mazda assuming you're telling the truth.

Mazda replaced your car in less than a month, thats quite remarkable if you ask me. Unlike this guy that had to film every single issue he had with his car and make a video in hopes that it would go viral and that it would force the car company to replace his car. Apparently he even received threats from the company trying to force him to accept whatever package they were offering.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/04/18/nick-murray-problematic-porsche-911-viral-video/

I would love to know what the problem was. They usually say if something is wrong from the factory it will break sooner rather than later.

Back