What have you done to your P5 today?

^^^citykids, what does this mean? "Part-time Nissan Factory Pilot" could you elaborate?

It's a joke between me and a buddy of mine, plus it has it origins in Va Beach as well. Back in the '90s when I lived in Norfolk, the surf shops sold 'OAKLEY' vinyls to put on your windows, it would say "factory pilot" underneath:

photo_%20Oakley%20Factory%20Pilot.jpg

I'm not sure if the other guys do or not, I'm not really big on mazda's. As in, I hate them, but I know a ton about them lol I only go to local meets mostly

I have a love/hate relationship with my Mazda too! Hey, let me know when you have something come up again, I'm always looking for an excuse to get back to Charlotte

Put gas in it.. Drove it around 150km today... Smelt burning rubber/plastic (probably me), clutch (definitely me), and oil (hopefully not me) at various times on the way home...

Transmission came in and it is slightly broken...fuuuuu...why did someone think it was a good idea to put an 80lb transmission into a cardboard box with nothing in it...no padding, nothing...

Most average joes don't understand that anything over about 40lba need to be in a wooden crate. I'd send it back to him just wrapped in saran and force a PayPal refund.

Talked to the guy I work with about his mazda... he says it has a blinking CEL.

I told him thats really bad. He said its been like that for months. lol. I guess I need to find him a motor soon.

In other news my front driver brake hasn't fallen off again yet, so hopefully the red locktite is doing its job.

Plus we just got snow in Virginia Beach, I didn't think it would stick, I guess I can shut up now.

Last edited:
New front Firestones to have a full matching set now. Also my Mazdas247.com stickers came in finally. Just have to wait for the weather to get above 20 degrees so I can wash the car off.

Talked to the guy I work with about his mazda... he says it has a blinking CEL.

I told him thats really bad. He said its been like that for months. lol. I guess I need to find him a motor soon.

In other news my front driver brake hasn't fallen off again yet, so hopefully the red locktite is doing its job.

Plus we just got snow in Virginia Beach, I didn't think it would stick, I guess I can shut up now.

i hope it doesn't snow again tomorrow or weds. what a hassle :|

Picked up yet another P5, Midnight Blue...that makes 3 of them in the driveway now...wife wrecked the very nice one the day we put the new transmission in it, so decided to buy one more of them to use as parts...pretty much going to go through all 3 of them swapping out parts to make 2 really nice ones...the 3rd is going to a roommate of my wifes brother...with all the crappy parts on it, not so much crappy, but dinged up body panels and more faded/scratched interior...

Oh noes! Is she ok?

Yea...she left it out of gear at the top of the driveway, rolled down about 5 car lengths and took out the right rear of the Pilot (I was in the Pilot w/ Heather) and Loren was coming to take her out of the car...luckily she didn't get hit as her back was to it...baby is good though, just damaged both of the cars mainly the P5...Pilot has full coverage, but the insurance said it was only a $600 fix, so not enough to file...and of course the P5 didn't have insurance on it yet unfortunately...

alex, you're like the protege king lmao

Lol...I just really like these things...affordable, easy maintenance, fun little fact about me though is other then my old, old yellow P5 I have never had one as a daily driver...they have always been a backup car up until the one I just bought for the wife...

Alex is more like the protege Grim Reaper, lol

Haha...That's more like it...I just happen to find them beyond fixable most of the time...or the typical blown motor/trans...

That's about it. Stop killing rare MSP's that can be fixed! lol.

Haha...now that is true...I have parted out some nice drivers...that I think back and should have probably just sold...

Went out to put my wipers up in case it froze. knocked off about 2inches of snow, and now it looks like I never did anything.

Worked through the snow today changing the front ends out on the P5's...now back to having one nice one...

Also installed the 03.5 Audio Package, storage trays, and mat, a MSP woodgrain knob, and ordered a woodgrain NB Nardi...

Went out to put my wipers up in case it froze. knocked off about 2inches of snow, and now it looks like I never did anything.

Stop stealing all our snow!!!! I want to go to the mountains but we haven't had fresh powder in a long time!!!

finally installed awr rear sway bar with adjustable end links (rear) and yellowspeed coilovers

got em all installed just need to adjust the ride height. seems straight forwards up front, the rear seems to be the same but i think there is something else i need to adjust

also got my twm weighted "spooky" shift knob
this thing is bad ass, it doesnt get cold in winter or hot in summer, perfect knob for me and this was the only reason i got it
http://www.twmshiftknobs.com/shiftknobs/hybrid-spooky.php

Back