What have you done to your MSP today?

My msp goes off to the body shop to get repaired from a basketball hoop that fell in a storm.. she'll look good with fresh TG and a scoop...if not ill have a hood for sale hahahahhaha

I'm well into the rebuild now but when I went to test fit the new pistons I realized that they are significantly larger than the old one so I had to do some extensive honing to get them to fit.. I'm not very happy about that but I'm hoping the cylinders are staying pretty round.. I measured them and couldn't believe the difference as they are both are supposed to be 20 over.

I'm well into the rebuild now but when I went to test fit the new pistons I realized that they are significantly larger than the old one so I had to do some extensive honing to get them to fit.. I'm not very happy about that but I'm hoping the cylinders are staying pretty round.. I measured them and couldn't believe the difference as they are both are supposed to be 20 over.

better that then way to small

(yesterday) was not a great day for the MSP. The oil light came on. I just put a quart in it a couple of weeks ago. It's been MAYBE 300 miles. I had to put 2.5Q in it to fill it back up again. I ordered a new CHRA for the turbo. I've checked everything else on this motor. If the new CHRA doesn't fix the oil consumption, the motor is getting torn out and rebuilt.

Then I thought I started to hear rod knock. I don't think it's rod knock now, but I think the EGR valve is leaking when it opens. The sound varies with load and rpm. I'm sure that won't be fun to fix.

Then I went to wash the car and the windshield cracked when the water hit it (It was damn near 100 yesterday).

Stupid car.

WG didn't fix my problem. Bought a used T25 :) I pretty sure the exhause side bearing was shot.

I drove her to work today........going to do a flush and fill of the cooling system tomorrow.

(yesterday) was not a great day for the MSP. The oil light came on. I just put a quart in it a couple of weeks ago. It's been MAYBE 300 miles. I had to put 2.5Q in it to fill it back up again. I ordered a new CHRA for the turbo. I've checked everything else on this motor. If the new CHRA doesn't fix the oil consumption, the motor is getting torn out and rebuilt.

Then I thought I started to hear rod knock. I don't think it's rod knock now, but I think the EGR valve is leaking when it opens. The sound varies with load and rpm. I'm sure that won't be fun to fix.

Then I went to wash the car and the windshield cracked when the water hit it (It was damn near 100 yesterday).

Stupid car.

check your intake tube for oil.. a lot of the times a PCV will go bad and cause high oil consumption. My neighbors golf went through 2 quarts in 1.5k miles due to a back PCV. Changed that out and 5-7k miles later haven't had to add any oil.

check your intake tube for oil.. a lot of the times a PCV will go bad and cause high oil consumption. My neighbors golf went through 2 quarts in 1.5k miles due to a back PCV. Changed that out and 5-7k miles later haven't had to add any oil.
One of the first things I did. Didn't change anything. Put in an air/oil separator for air tools and it only catches about 2-3 oz. of oil every 3K miles.

After more investigating today I'm still not sure what the sound is. I don't think it's rod knock, but unplugging the EGR didn't have any effect on it either.

Anyone know what MSP's are going for these days? I'm starting to shop around for a new car and will be looking to sell/trade-in my MSP soon...

NOT A FOR-SALE GB POST - just getting a feel for what people think the cars in general are worth...

Titanium 2003.5 #1460
109k miles

Anyone know what MSP's are going for these days? I'm starting to shop around for a new car and will be looking to sell/trade-in my MSP soon...

just getting a feel for what people think the cars in general are worth...

Titanium 2003.5 #1460
109k miles

They are priceless & irreplaceable dude. You'll forever regret losing her like that first sexy/wonderful/crazy first-love babe you reflect about in the random quiet hours that occur in your life...

NOT A FOR-SALE GB POST - just getting a feel for what people think the cars in general are worth...

Titanium 2003.5 #1460
109k miles

$5k-ish is what I've seen.

Did a compression test today since I finally had time to work on my MSP and my neighbor bought one a a garage sale and wanted to test it out. Readings were 0 - 25 - 5 - 75 & 0 - 30 - 30 - 30. Not sure how accurate it is but cylinder #1 (passenger side) never got a reading so there's my problem. Hoping to do some more work tomorrow and remove the head.

found this when I took off the valve cover
1017554_10100244816078917_1990430859_n.jpg

1017313_10100244816133807_478680824_n.jpg

1003309_10100244816243587_1489824111_n.jpg

the bolt that held the cam gear on the camshaft sheared in half

super lucky any other damage besides that. was there anything that drove you to think you had a problem. Or was it by chance you found it?

^It hasn't ran in a while. That sucks Nate. TOO MUCH POWA! I have another head here in good shape from my other motor. Can trade you for the motor mount if you want :)

super lucky any other damage besides that. was there anything that drove you to think you had a problem. Or was it by chance you found it?
It's been down since November, haven't had a chance to really do anything until now. Hopefully there is nothing wrong with the bottom end.

^It hasn't ran in a while. That sucks Nate. TOO MUCH POWA! I have another head here in good shape from my other motor. Can trade you for the motor mount if you want :)

just sen you a pm. I wished you lived closer so I could hire you as my mechanic.

Back