Gi: Jdp engineering 03.5 replica carbon fiber front lips

so as the title states, ive been in contact with both dg motorsports and JDP engineering to have a 03.5 front lip made in carbon fiber. THERE IS a few thnigs to be addressed first.

1.) first we need a tester to have the front lip to make a mold out of and that lives in the Los Angeles area for test fitting.

2.) ONCE the test fitting is complete, i need a minimum of 15 people interested with deposits paid to be you are committed to buy

3.) price range will be discussed at a later time once test fitting is done with John from JDP Engineering, same for DG motorsports .

These lips are going to be the exact replica lips Isport used to make, but just better quality if we go the JDP route. I AM IN NO WAY ASSOCIATED with either company. i just took my time to try and get this ball moving because i really want a carbon fiber OEM lip for my MSP. so again once the first thing is taken care of we can move on and get these into production. PM me whoever is interested in being a tester for molding and test fitting that is near the Los Angeles area.

931851443_PUYtV-XL.jpg

Last edited:
when can i get me one

whenever they get made.

ANYONE who lives in the LOS ANGELES area with a P5 or MSP (03/03.5) justs need to volunteer for 2 days. doesnt matter if you dont have a lip on your car. ill send my lip for the molding process. ALL i need is YOUR TIME to have it test fitted correctly.

whenever they get made.

ANYONE who lives in the LOS ANGELES area with a P5 or MSP (03/03.5) justs need to volunteer for 2 days. doesnt matter if you dont have a lip on your car. ill send my lip for the molding process. ALL i need is YOUR TIME to have it test fitted correctly.

where in la is it?

I'm north of the border, but wouldn't it make sense to send him a front bumper cover, and a lip to use. Even if they don't come from the same person, I'm sure someone can pickup one at a wreckers for decent price. Around here if you pull it yourself a cover is only $50-$100. I'm sure you could work something out with the final price to ensure that however many people in the group buy, pay an additional $10 to cover the cost of shipment, and bumper cover. I would be willing to pitch an extra $10 anyway.

Unless this sounds stupid...(stooges)

Although this sounds like a reasonable solution I think it would be much better to have an actual car there to mount the lip to for testing/fitment purposes... That way there are no surprises when we try to mount the lip to our own cars ie. need additional trimming or certain mounting points that would have been more sufficient had they had an actual car there...

Although this sounds like a reasonable solution I think it would be much better to have an actual car there to mount the lip to for testing/fitment purposes... That way there are no surprises when we try to mount the lip to our own cars ie. need additional trimming or certain mounting points that would have been more sufficient had they had an actual car there...

yes exactly why John doesnt want to make the mold without a car there. trust me ive asked about every possible scenario to try and get the lip made without a car being there. i was willing to send in my bumper and lip at my own expense. im NOT making money on this at all. i just really want a cf OEM lip. which everybody can benfit from. but John needs a car there and which ill still send in my lip for the molding process once i have secured a tester. until then were S.O.L.

yes exactly why John doesnt want to make the mold without a car there. trust me ive asked about every possible scenario to try and get the lip made without a car being there. i was willing to send in my bumper and lip at my own expense. im NOT making money on this at all. i just really want a cf OEM lip. which everybody can benfit from. but John needs a car there and which ill still send in my lip for the molding process once i have secured a tester. until then were S.O.L.

Just remember, do it right the first time... I'd rather wait it out and get an excellent product in the end then try and rush something with subpar results...

Just remember, do it right the first time... I'd rather wait it out and get an excellent product in the end then try and rush something with subpar results...

agreed. which is why im not pushing John to rush things. im trying to get a product made and done right for everyone to be happy

I think I'm interested in one of these if they get made. Curious, will the 03 fogs fit with an 3.5 lip? I suppose I could lose them since the lenses have been cracked since 2003 anyways

^Not without modification. The area in the 03.5 lip is smaller and it also uses the same mounting points where the fogs would mount.

can u get the right fog deletes for the lip new still if yes im keen on it all

Alright someone needs to get over there, don't make me drive 1000 miles just to get one of these.

If I can manage to find the splitter I want that works in conjuction with that lip, I'll be game. Keep us updated

Protege3690 - who did the lip for you that is pictured in your signature?

If I can manage to find the splitter I want that works in conjuction with that lip, I'll be game. Keep us updated

Protege3690 - who did the lip for you that is pictured in your signature?

its not my car. ONLY 2 cf lips were ever made by Isport baaaaack in the day. that car belongs to a forum member Swirlfx i think is his forum name. but im still in talks with John from JDP to have these made. just need a tester still. i just wish someone ANYONE with a P5 or MSP would donate their time to test fit. i WANT this lip lol. and i know many other do too.

yeah i suppose so... i just feel as if a lip that should normally be body color is randomly CF it looks out-of-place/forced.

the only way i think it looks OK is if A. it's on a titanium MSP, and B. you go full-blown CF like SwirlFX... the fenders & hood balance it out a bit.

that thing would look god awful on a orange, yellow, blue, or silver MSP. black would be OK i guess because it'd blend in well.

I semi-agree with that. I'd be interested in one of these if I can't find an OEM lip anytime before then. If I did buy one though, I would end up painting it body color. Seems like a bit of a waste for a carbon fiber part.

Back