What have you done to your P5 today?

Ahhhhhh, as far as I know there are no light bars for the P5's without getting a custom fab'd bar. I'd suggest custom making some brackets to mount them behind the lower grille and maybe remove the grille insert. Other than that, good luck. Just my thoughts.

Welcome to the forum, btw!

already looked at that site, a tad double the price of what i want to pay but it seems like thats the only light bar out there to buy

already looked at that site, a tad double the price of what i want to pay but it seems like thats the only light bar out there to buy

Well seeing the pictures, it seems like it would be pretty easy to fab together. Better, stronger materials still at a cheaper price. I'm sure someone here would be able to powder coat it for you.

just curious why wanting light bar? I mean, it's cool, but why not just go HID projector retrofit? If you're wanting more light output, get it from your low beams/high beams

Not really NEEDINg a light bar, unles you just WANT one, in which case i totally understand. Rally P5 FTW

In other news, I ordered some error code eliminators for my HID's. I installed the harness and double-checked all of the connections to see if that solved the flickering problem, but to no avail. I honestly think the temperature has part to do with it, but for $30 shipped, I'll take it.

could you elaborate on that? Would that cause a CEL??? cause im trying to find out what mine is... Soon.... Soon :)

could you elaborate on that? Would that cause a CEL??? cause im trying to find out what mine is... Soon.... Soon :)

The error code eliminators basically act as capacitors and trick the computer into thinking there's a halogen bulb, rather than the HID which draws less current. In many modern cars, there is a light on the dash that tells you if you have a bulb out, however not in the P5's. The HID's wouldn't through a CEL.

The error code eliminators basically act as capacitors and trick the computer into thinking there's a halogen bulb, rather than the HID which draws less current. In many modern cars, there is a light on the dash that tells you if you have a bulb out, however not in the P5's. The HID's wouldn't through a CEL.

okay I figured as much. I have a relay harness so I dont think I would have to worry about that thing you're dealing with, right?

already have hids on order. light bars are just cool as it is usefull or not. I live in central Ozarks which a P5 doesn`t belong. so throwing that on it plus low pro BFGs and new suspension? that`s badass.

Are you running a 35W or 55W kit?

just a 35 watt kit. I didnt think I'd need a 55 watt nor do I wanna rape my battery. That things on its way out slowly. I just got the Mini H1s, 5000k IIRC. I didn't want blue freaking lights. Ill be ordering yellow fog overlays soon I hope!

just a 35 watt kit. I didnt think I'd need a 55 watt nor do I wanna rape my battery. That things on its way out slowly. I just got the Mini H1s, 5000k IIRC. I didn't want blue freaking lights. Ill be ordering yellow fog overlays soon I hope!

You should be OK with just the harness for a 35W kit. My old '95 Protege was running a 35W bi-xenon kit with no problems. I have the harness on my 55W kit now and it still flickers. My error code eliminators SHOULD be here this week... should. They are shipping form China, for some reason. Lol

I think I remember seeing somewhere that the cabin filter is somewhere behind the center console, I think up by the firewall. Don't quote me on that, as I have never changed mine, but it's the best I have ATM.

I have a question. Does a 2002 p5 Have an in cabinet air filter??? Thanks!!!!

I think I remember seeing somewhere that the cabin filter is somewhere behind the center console, I think up by the firewall. Don't quote me on that, as I have never changed mine, but it's the best I have ATM.

IIRC, the P5s sold in Europe have the cabin air filter, but we don't have them here in the US. You can purchase the parts and integrate them into yours if you wanted one badly enough. But it'll cost you a pretty penny.

Found this for $200. . .
307596_10151400670619665_1554490601_n.jpg

Sorting what else i'd need to buy to get it on Callie's auto-tragic

Back