Buying coilovers but I have concerns

Trying to kill squirrels?

Bilsteins dropped mine pretty low and I still had a bit to go. The front OEM air dam strip hits routinely in NY State. Fortunately, Florida is flatter.

John

Lol not only squirrels im going for the snow plow look, the lower the better thanks Man you're a lot of help

I've gotten low on KSports, but be warned, you will need to do a bit of work, and customization to get them low.. like actually low. Ask my oil pan, subframe, under-body chassis braces... etc..

Again, Standard Suspension coilovers!

Any models will get you low, R1 - R3 - R7TA, but the R3 - R7TA actually have front camber plates, and so far they are the only ones with that for the 2. I got them and i'm tucking all 4 185/55's, and thank God I have a CS skidplate.

Sorry this is a little off topic, but could have relevance at the same time, do you have any current pics of your height Greensleeper? Maybe even pics of the literal coils on the car?

Airbags if you want to go LOW.

Coilovers if you want to go low and handle well.

-Derrick

Airbags if you want to go LOW.

Coilovers if you want to go low and handle well.

-Derrick

Unzipher has a build thread and he bagged his 2. Cost him $3000+ in the end. If you just want to get low Derrick is right, bags are the best way to do it.
Static drops are way better for performance however.

Depends on which side your on, form vs function.

The Ksports go very low.

Most of the time it's just not low enough. My oilpan is like maybe 3.5" off the ground.. need to go lower :p

Btw, my 1 gripe about the KSports, the rears just do not go low enough. I'm running out of threaded room on the rear shocks, and it's still not as low as my fronts.. and this is even without the rear spring perches to get that bit extra of low. I'm gonna adjust until I have no more room to go, and then if I wanna go lower, I'm either gonna have to figure out some custom stuff on the shock, get KSport/Fonty to talk to them, or cut a coil off my rear spring.

Sorry this is a little off topic, but could have relevance at the same time, do you have any current pics of your height Greensleeper? Maybe even pics of the literal coils on the car?

No I don't have a true 'lateral' picture yet, but you can look at those I posted in the 'Dropped' thread:

Mariage2012_0903015.jpg

I want to tuck wheels I hope I find some that go super low, might just need airbags.

CRG, I don't know how you can manage to drive around with the front slammed like that! My front end is a touche lower than my rear, and let me tell you that the CS skidplate is more than welcome, I scraped it more than once on our beautifull Qubec roads.

Superb 2 anyway CRG!

Back