Midwest Mazdafest Ohio Caravan Thread!

Already some Ohio Ppl that I would be taging along with them for the road trip. But that all depends if the MSP is done in time...

nice assumption that we all know when this is!

when is the fest this year? im too lazy to search!

edit: i did search now.

would have been better on may 8th!

Last edited:
i'm staying friday and saturday night, what hotel are people booking?

well i don't wanna book a hotel in another time zone

Im staying at the baymont inn in greenwood Friday night but won't be staying Saturday night

iSpoon booked a hotel in a different time zone recently

Yeah- I'm going to book something soon but, no offense, I'm not checkin for all you drunken cats running up and down the hallways doing the t-rex at the hotel I pick. (peep)

maybe we can hook up saturday morning and head out together. Unfortunately, we're not staying saturday night. we have to be back that night to pick up our daughter.

Hooking up in the morning sounds good. around 9 or 10 will work for me. My wife won't be happy getting out of bed any earlier. Well, she won't be happy that early, but earlier is worse.

Man I really want to go this year, but the baby is due right around that time. Guess there is next year :(

you should come anyway, what better way is there to introduce the baby to world of mazda?

No. I have social anxiety disorder. I don't like people. Or alcohol.

I'm a square. (sssh)

Man I really want to go this year, but the baby is due right around that time. Guess there is next year :(

Set your worries aside. I'll be there, and as a firefighter and EMT, I'm fully qualified to deliver that baby (I do reserve naming rights in exchange for my services, however...Axela if it's a girl, Cosmo if it's a boy.)

Get your priorities in order, lol!

No. I have social anxiety disorder. I don't like people. Or alcohol.

I'm a square. (sssh)

you do realize the purpose of a car meet is to meet other people and look at cars

I get it too though and it all comes down to comfort level. When I am in a setting with people I am comfortable with then all is good and no issues. When I get into larger settings with more people I do not know and do not have a comfort level with I start to stress and pull away. Having a buffer of people or at least a person to fall back on for that comfort zone usually helps. It's when I'm fending for myself that it hits the most not many social situations, regardless of how they are designed to create interaction, will help much.

Nah- half of my post was kidding, but I do get really nervous around people. Hell, I even get nervous going to the grocery store in the morning before work. I like meeting new people, don't get me wrong. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys in person. AND checking out your cars. I think a lot of people feel the same way, with the buffer zone of friends and such. I know a few of you that will be there so it will be cool. No worries!

Anywho- sorry for the thread jack. I might just roll out early saturday morning and swing through C-bus if you guys are leaving around 9-10am? How far away is Indy form Columbus?

Last edited:
Back